There are a bunch of travel drone for photos in the market, some of them are good, some of them are bad or average and some of them are the real best of the best. Its quite a bit challenge though to find the best travel drone for photos.
But the thing is people love to read and listen to recommendations, reviews, and what other people are using and talking about. Here we have listed the best selling travel drone for photos for you and along with you will know the real user’s feedback, the verified purchase from Amazon.
Here are the top 3 travel drone for photos
Top 10 Best Travel Drone For Photos
1. Lowepro LP37260-PWW Photo Active Outdoor Camera Backpack, QuickShelf Dividers, fits 12inch Laptop/2L Hydration, for Mirrorless, Sony, Canon, Nikon,
- Everyday versatility: QuickShelf divider system opens into 3-tier shelf or folds flat
- Quick access: Dual side access panels offer quick access to camera and gear
- Tablet or hydration: Cradle Fit pocket fits 12-inch tablet or 2L hydration
- Cool comfortable: Active Zone ergonomic, ventilated back panel
- All weather: AW cover for extra protection from the elements
2. DJI Mini 2 – Ultralight and Foldable Drone Quadcopter, 3-Axis Gimbal with 4K Camera, 12MP Photo, 31 Mins Flight Time, OcuSync 2.0 10km HD Video T
- 【PACK LIGHT, FLY FREE】: at less than 249 g, it weighs about as much as an apple and fits in the palm of your hand. compact and convenient, this small drone is your ideal travel companion, transforming how you capture your favorite memories.
- 【3-AXIS GIMBAL WITH 4K CAMERA】: a 12mp camera in the sky delivers content guaranteed to impress. along with 4k/30fps video and a 3-axis motorized gimbal, mini 2 ensures stunning image quality that is consistently smooth no matter how adventurous your piloting gets.
- 【OCUSYNC 2.0 VIDEO TRANSMISSION】: mini 2 supports up to 10km of hd video transmission and has excellent anti-interference capabilities, giving you the ability to fly farther and see clearer.
- 【POWERFUL PERFORMANCE】: with a max battery life of 31 minutes, dji mini 2 grants more than enough time to compose the perfect shot. mini 2 can resist level 5 winds and take off at a max altitude of 4,000 meters, so your footage is stable even when flying along a windy coastline or high above an alpine forest.
- 【4X ZOOM】: there’s no need to get so close for your dream shot. 4x digital zoom makes it safer and more convenient when transitioning between shots of varying distance and composition. Operating Frequency 2.400-2.4835 GHz, 5.725-5.850 GHz
- 【QUICKSHOTS】: with just a few taps, dji mini 2 automatically records and shoots professional-level videos to share directly on social media. whether you’re a beginner or a more experienced flyer, the dji fly app helps you produce impressive results complete with soundtracks and filters.
Reviews from Real Users
Incredible. For all those wondering “what’s the difference in the original Mavic mini and the Mini 2?” The mini 2 basically just improved everywhere the original lacked. The things that are notable are Ocusync 2, 4K video, big increase in wind resistance, and quick shots. As well as longer flight time and stronger propellor motors.
This is an INCREDIBLE VALUE!!!
Compared to the Mavic Air 2, they both have the same range, same quickshot modes, and both shoot 4K. If you don’t need obstacle avoidance and 48mp photos then go Mavic mini 2 all the way.
You’re paying an extra $600 on the air for 48mp photos and obstacle avoidance, but with that said the camera on the mini 2 has great sharpness and contrast. You will NOT go wrong with this!
For $600, this drone is a steal. Buy it, you will not regret it!
As an avid photographer who is new to aerial photography, I am delighted with the DJI Mini 2. It is easy to fly--I even took it out over water on my first flight, although briefly and controlled in Cine mode. Despite the small, compact size, it is surprisingly stable and takes sharp images, even in some wind.
The controls are responsive and set up is intuitive and plug-and-play while still providing numerous options for customization.
As a first drone, this is a winner. I am happy with this purchase and highly recommend this product.
3. DJI Mavic Mini Combo – Drone FlyCam Quadcopter UAV with 2.7K Camera 3-Axis Gimbal GPS 30min Flight Time, less than 0.55lbs, Gray
- Weighing less than 0 55lbs / 250 grams Mavic Mini is almost as light as the average smartphone In the United States and Canada you can fly this camera drone without the need to register your drone with the government
- The compact yet powerful Mavic Mini camera drone is the perfect creative companion capturing your moments in a way that effortlessly elevates the ordinary
- Mavic Mini’s weight allows it to stay in the air longer than similar consumer FlyCams on the market Enjoy up to 30 minutes of flight time with a fully-charged battery
- Mavic Mini supports 12MP aerial photos and 2 7K HD videos A 3-axis motorized gimbal provides superior camera stability and ensures clear Ultra-smooth footage
- What you get DJI Mavic Mini Remote Controller 3x Intelligent Flight Battery 3x Pairs of Spare Propellers 2x Micro USB Cable Gimbal Protector RC Cable (Micro USB connector) RC Cable (USB-C connector) RC Cable (Lightning connector) Pair of Spare Control Sticks 18x Spare Screw Screwdriver 360° Propeller Guard Two-Way Charging Hub DJI 18W USB Charger Carrying Bag.DJI Fly App requires iOS v10 0 Android v6 0 or above Compatible devices include iPhone 11 Pro Max 11 Pro 11 XS Max XS XR X 8 Plus 8 7 Plus 7 6s Plus 6s 6 Plus 6 Samsung Galaxy S10+ S10 S9+ S9 S8+ S8 S7 edge S7 S6 Note9 Note8 Huawei P30 Pro P30 P20 P10 Mate 20 Pro Mate 10 nova 5 nova 4 nova 3e nova 2 Honor 8X 10 9 20 Pro Magic 2 Mi 8 MIX 2S MIX 2 Redmi Note 5 Oppo Find X R15 Vivo NEX X27 X21 X20A OnePlus 7 6T 5 Pixel 3 XL 2 XL 2 LG V20 LG G6
Reviews from Real Users
This is the first drone i ever got and I couldn't be happier with it.
1st the price, quality drone at a very competitive price. I suggest to get the flymore version that comes with 3 batteries and few other accessories, its well worth the extra $100 to get the flymore version for all the extra accessories.
2nd quality and weight, I couldn't believe how light this drone is at such a small size and yet very stable hoovering in the mid air. Good camera and video quality.
I am extremely happy with this drone, couldn't ask for more for such a quality drone at a very good price. Highly recommended.
5. Holy Stone HS110D FPV RC Drone with 1080P HD Camera Live Video 120°Wide-Angle WiFi Quadcopter with Gravity Sensor, Voice Control, Gesture Control,
- 1080P FOV 120° HD FPV Camera: You can capture memorable moments with distortion-free and view images on your phone from the wide-angel lens. The app enables you to expand your creativity further and share it on social media with ease.
- Altitude hold: When you focus on shooting images, you may set your hands off the joystick and the drone still suspend in mid-air with locked altitude. A perfect drone for beginners, kids, starters, or newbies to have a easy and stable flight experience.
- Headless Mode: The pilot will feel easier to control, especially when the drone is out of sight, under headless mode while the orientation of the drone is in relation to the pilot. The drone are also equipped with 3D flips to make your day.
- Mobile Control: Through the APP, multiple functions, Voice Control, Gestures Control, Trajectory Flight and Gravity Sensor Control can be activated. Instruct the camera to take photos by gestures of Scissor and videos by Paper.
- 2 Modular Battries: 2 batteries can support a 20 Minutes flight which makes it easy to replace battery and safe to charge battery.
Reviews from Real Users
Holy Stone has put out an excellent beginner quadcopter in the HS110D.
We have another Holy Stone quadcopters and this one seems easier to operate.
I took it out for the first time today and the experience was great so I was excited to share my views right away. (see video)
The controller is easy to operate without taking your eyes off the quad. The display is very informative and clear so with a quick glance you know which of the 4 speed modes you are in, whether or not you are taking video.
Your smartphone easy fits in the controller. I own an LG G4 and I had no problems.
Four AA batteries are required and not included, but they are easy to insert with no need for a screwdriver.
The battery: The HS110D only comes with one battery and is good for 10-15 minutes.
As a newbie, you need a a wide-open space with grass or some other soft surface. It doesn't handle wind very well, so be careful. This is expected as it is a smaller drone.
Make sure you snap the guards ALL the way in. It also includes two extra guards as well as a replacement for each propellor and replacement landing gear. The addition of landing gear to this design makes safe landings much easier than other quadcopters that have no landing gear.
The card is easily removable, and Holy Stone included an adapter to plug it into your computer for transferring your videos to your computer.
Customer service: My boyfriend had to contact Holy Stone for help with his first quad, but I can say their customer service is exceptional. They will go above and beyond to help you with any problems to make sure you are happy with your purchase.
The only negatives to the HS110D: A second battery would be nice to have and watch out for wind!
The HS110D is an amazing camera drone. The app is completely different than the one I have for my other drone (HS160). It is so much better. The app for the HS110D is very clean an refined. Not to mention that there is a fairly accurate battery indicator inside of the app. When you are flying during the daytime and can’t see the lights on the drone, you will know when you have low battery. There is also a flip mode which is pretty cool for doing tricks, but seeing as this is mainly a camera drone I don’t see myself using that feature too much. The flip mode also serves a useful purpose as well as just for entertainment. Because the drone will not do flips when it is low battery, if you want to know when the drone is low battery you can just attempt a flip and the drone will not do it. The actual drone itself is pretty big, especially in comparison to some of the other Holy Stone drones that I own. It has three speed settings which is very useful because once you start flying the drone farther and farther away from you, it is difficult to determine the speed of the wind where the drone is. With multiple speed modes you can easily just kick up the speed to three and fight through the wind. The drone is strong enough that it will not be swept by the wind if you have it going fast enough. The camera on this drone (720p) is also really cool. I like the fact that it has the option to use the app and save the videos and photos directly to your phone, or save them to the included 4GB TF/microSD card. This is really useful since the drone app functions via wifi so since the wifi range is shorter than the transmitter range, you can fly it farther than the wifi and still capture excellent videos. The drone is also very stable. I really like the way it hovers in place. This is really useful because sometimes trying to take a shot of your family or something in front of a overlook is difficult. I’ve found that I can just fly the drone up a few feet and it will stay in place. Then, I just put the remote down as it takes the picture. The large indicator lights on the bottom are very useful, since they tell you multiple things. They tell you if the drone is connected to the transmitter, if the drone is on low battery, if the drone is in headless mode, and if the drone is flying without problems. The remote is amazing, simply one of the best drone remotes I have ever used. The small LED screen at the bottom with indicator lights is so useful as it tells you the status of your drone. For example, it tells you what speed you are on, whether or not you are in headless mode, if you are in flip mode, if the drone is connected. The controls and remote itself are very ergonomically designed which is essential for flying a drone. You don’t want to be worrying about the pain in your hand when you should be paying attention to the drone! Put simply, the remote is amazing. It is a very responsive drone and overall really great. I would totally recommend to a friend, especially at the price point.
6. Holy Stone GPS Drone with 4K Camera for Adults – HS175D RC Quadcopter with Auto Return, Follow Me, Brushless Motor, Circle Fly, Waypoint Fly, Altit
- 4K Ultra Clear Camera: 4K camera with 110° wide-angle and 90° adjustable provides a high resolution picture, enable to capture a perfect shot; 5GHz FPV transmission delivery a smooth and stable videos even in high-speed or strong-wind conditions
- GPS Auto Return: GPS assisted flight, it can perform automatically return home when the drone lost signal, out of range or low power, never have to worry about flying it away
- Better Flight Experience: 2 batteries give you up to 46 minutes flight experience. And functions like Altitude Hold, Optical Flow, Headless Mode, One Key Take Off/Landing and Speed Adjust make it so easy to beginners or newbies.
- Considerate Design: This drone comes with a carrying case, and the foldable fuselage design allows it easy to store and more portable for outdoor travelling, weight under 250g to save you from FAA registration.
- More Intelligent Functions: This drone can trace and follow you automatically, flying along a path you set, or fly around a point in circles, and when you pose to the camera it will take a photo or video, let you enjoy the wonderful flight experience.
Reviews from Real Users
I own about 6 drones now. Some are just toys for playing with indoors, but I do have another more expensive drone that is GPS enabled and that I have a lot of fun with outside. However, that drone only has a flight time of about 10 minutes, I believe due to the weight, it's very heavy for a drone. If you’re just getting into drones, I think this is a great budget beginner drone. You won’t have the range of a DJI Mini, which this drone is very similar to, but you can have the same experience up to a limited range for more than 1/3 of the price.
First, when you open the package, you’ll notice a great carrying case that fits everything, including the drone, controller, two batteries, chargers and spare props. All my other drones are in the original boxes they came in or lying around loose. This case is just another great feature of this drone.
The batteries on this drone last about 20 minutes each. They’re lightweight and have a much better-charging cable than previous drones. Unlike most that use the troublesome micro USB port, these use a usb cable that attaches to the battery solidly and easily. I personally hate micro USBs, as they seem to fit poorly and wear out over time. The Controller still uses the micro USB, but this isn’t charged near as often as the batteries.
One thing to note on the batteries. There is a red cap that covers the battery connection on the drone. You should keep this. This piece allows you to store a battery in the drone without the electrical connection being made. Electronic equipment should never be stored with batteries connected, as it can damage both the battery and the equipment.
This HS175D isn't near as heavy as my HS270. This drone is very compact and only weighs about 216 grams. I’ve also noticed this drone obtains GPS signal faster than my other drones and with 20+ minutes of flight time, I’m completely happy with that. The app that you use on the phone will walk you thru setup and preparation for flight making it quick and easy.
The drone’s camera has a single axis gimble, allowing you to rotate it 90 degrees, from straight ahead to straight down. So, while you lose some ability to move in 3 directions like you would with a drone like the DJI Mini 2, you gain rigidity that protects the camera in the event of a crash. The app doesn’t have a lot of camera control for things like exposure, but it does work well for pictures and video.
Other than the camera, the other difference between a high-end drone like the DJI Mini 2 is the connection between the camera and drone. Not to get too technical because both use Wi-Fi signals, but the DJI Mini 2 uses Occusync, which gives you a range of up to 11k yards (6+ miles), whereas this drone uses Wi-Fi on a 5Ghz channel, which has a longer range than say a 2.4Ghz signal, but it is limited and doesn’t like interference from solid objects. If you were operating in maximum conditions (no interference at all from other Wi-Fi signals and no physical interference, you might expect a range of about 650 yards at best. I think a more practical limit would be about 350 yards.
When operating outdoors, you should keep a clear line of sight with your drone, or you may lose connection, and you won't be able to navigate with the camera. The range of the controller is better and not subject to the same limitations, so you'll still be able to control the drone, you just won't have the camera.
7. GoPro HERO4 Silver Edition Action Camcorder (Renewed)
- Built-In Touch Display: Frame your shots. Easily adjust settings. Play back videos and photos. Improved Camera Control: New dedicated button enables quick access to camera settings. Simplified menus make navigating settings easier than ever.
- Fast, Powerful Photo Capture: Captures high-quality 12MP photos at speeds of up to 30 fps.
- Built-In WiFi + Bluetooth: Delivers enhanced connectivity to the GoPro App, Smart Remote
- Protune – Now for Video + Photos: Cinema-quality capture and manual control of color, ISO limit, exposure and more. Night Photo Lapse: Customizable exposure settings up to 30 seconds for single and Time Lapse Photos. Auto Low Light: Automatically adjusts frame rates for optimal low-light performance. High-Performance Audio: New Audio System captures clean, high fidelity sound and nearly 2x the dynamic range. Ultra Wide-Angle Glass Lens: Enables engaging, immersive footage of you and your world.
9. Above New Orleans: Roofscapes of the Crescent City
Reviews from Real Users
I purchased this book after stumbling across Marco’s twitter feed (@marcorasi1960). While I grew up in Baton Rouge and have been to New Orleans numerous times, I have never seen the details of the buildings or the landscape captured from this viewpoint. It also captures places that I never even knew existed such as old forts.
Equally impressive in this book are the historical and informative descriptions of the photos. These are not one or two sentence descriptions that accompany many photography books. These descriptions make you feel like you are on a tour with an extremely knowledgeable tour guide giving you behind the scenes insights into the photographs. Just to note, the “tour guide”providing the narrative is a professor and has authored many books on New Orleans.
Since receiving this book a few days ago, I have purchased additional books as gifts.
Oversized, beautifully photographed and written.
I am a big fan of Marco's Twitter feed (@marcorasi1960). It has many of his great photos. That's why I bought this..and I'm blown away. Extremely high quality. I also love the captions for the photographs, which are very descriptive and well-written. As a native new orleanian I discovered parts of the city I have never seen before. Marco has an incredible talent for drone photography , but not all of these are drone photographs. All of them are extremely well composed.
10. DJI Mini SE – Camera Drone with 3-Axis Gimbal, 2.7K Camera, GPS, 30-min Flight Time, Reduced Weight, Less Than 0.55lbs / 249 gram Mini Drone, Impr
- Light as a Smartphone – Weighing less than 0 55lbs / 249 grams, DJI Mini SE is roughly the same weight as the smartphone. In the United States and Canada, you can fly this camera drone without the need to register your drone with the local government.
- Capture on the Go – The lightweight and powerful DJI Mini SE camera drone is the ideal for creators on the move. The ultra-portable design allows you to effortlessly capture moments in unforgettable ways.
- More Time in the Sky – DJI Mini SE’s weight allows it to stay in the air longer than similar consumer drones on the market. Enjoy up to 30 minutes of flight time with a fully-charged battery.
- Capture the Detail – DJI Mini SE supports 12MP aerial photos and 2.7K HD videos. A 3-axis motorized gimbal provides superior camera stability and ensures clear ultra-smooth footage.
- Upgraded Wind Resistance – DJI Mini SE can resist 29-38kph winds and take off at a max altitude of 4,000 meters, so your footage is stable even when flying along a windy coastline or high above an alpine forest.
- Easy to Use Template – The DJI Fly app offers a variety of Creator Templates that generate awesome videos with just a tap. Even beginners with no editing experience can turn any moment into a social media hit.
Reviews from Real Users
First let me state that I own and operate many types of drones. For outright photography I tend to lean towards DJI's line of drones. They are extremely stable and reliable. I've been flying them since early 2018. Now the Mini SE is a hybrid of the original DJI Mini and the Mini 2. It has the same motors as the Mini 2(+), but it's connectivity is done with "enhanced" WiFi(-). It is very stable in a 25mph wind because of the motors , but you will be limited in distance by the WiFi signal. And that distance can vary. If you fly in a heavily urban area, I would not expect much distance over 1000 feet before your video signal starts to get choppy. But in the wide open ocean, Ive sent it out about 1600 feet with zero signal loss.
The camera: compared to similar DJI drones you will be limited to 2.7k resolution. But it is some of the sharpest video I've seen. The photos are in 12MP format, plenty of room for editing. What this drone lacks (and I'm not saying it in a bad way) is the automated shooting features of other similar drones. But these other similar drones will cost you a lot more than the list $299 you pay for the drone.
All in all, this is almost the perfect drone for beginners. Except for one thing: there are no sensors on board to alert you to an imminent crash. They had to cut the cost somewhere.
And yes, I would definitely recommend this drone for both beginners and experienced UAV flyers.
Over 100 miles in the air always on sport mode totaling 16h worth in the air. Lipo battery about 24 mins on sport "full speed @ 29mph" The mavic mini black batteries also work and you only loose a minute or 2. Have a total of 5 batteries and can stay airborne almost 2hrs if you had too. I do have it faa registered with 2 strobes top and rear and never fly without them. 20 dollars each and great for night flights. These drones are the cadillacs of the drone world. Longest range was about 1.5 miles in semi residential areas. Range differs the more home wifi router are in the area. Remember to fly higher the farther you go done range, it will improve your line of site. Also remember to stay above 100 ft tree like to jump out. Just be smart, and set your return to home higher then your highest object and your golden. If you loose video or signal, just let go of sticks and wait. The video feed will come back then you may cancel the RTH and gain control again. This is by far DJI best drone for beginners because it has top rated electronics, gps and battery life. Dont worry about the 2.7k video, it looks amazing. It Flys like a 799 Mavic and thats not exaggerated!
The considerations to buy travel drone for photos
Purchasing online is tricky but if the product is available on Amazon it’s a lot easier thing.
The features you want for travel drone for photos
You purchase a product for a certain purpose, right? So, you should look that the product you are looking for should have that certain features and specifications.
Here we have compiled the features and specifications of and that fulfills your need and desire.
Make sure the product you grabbing has the market standard quality. How do you confirm? Read the product history, check the brand and read users’ feedback.
Here in this blog post, we accumulated some nice users’ feedback that might help you to decide on the best product around filled with quality.
Good quality products come with good brands and a good price, make sure the price is within your budget. Remember, it does not mean that products with a good price come with great quality but usually it does.
The best way to buy a product is from an authentic seller.
An authentic seller is someone who sells their own products, not someone who resells other people’s products.
An authentic seller has a vested interest in the quality of their product, which means they will not resell a faulty or defective product.
The reliability of a product depends on the quality of the product and its performance.
A reliable product can be trusted to work well for a long time.
It is important to buy a reliable product because it will not break down or need repair often, which prevents wasting money on repairs and replacements.
After checking the list of travel drone for photos and reading the real user’s feedback, I hope that you have some ideas on what you like to have. Hope you got your desired product and making a very good move to your home.