There are a bunch of gps drones under 250 grams in the market, some of them are good, some of them are bad or average and some of them are the real best of the best. Its quite a bit challenge though to find the best gps drones under 250 grams.
But the thing is people love to read and listen to recommendations, reviews, and what other people are using and talking about. Here we have listed the best selling gps drones under 250 grams for you and along with you will know the real user’s feedback, the verified purchase from Amazon.
Here are the top 3 gps drones under 250 grams
Top 10 Best Gps Drones Under 250 Grams
1. Holy Stone GPS Drone with 4K Camera for Adults – HS175D RC Quadcopter with Auto Return, Follow Me, Brushless Motor, Circle Fly, Waypoint Fly, Altit
- 4K Ultra Clear Camera: 4K camera with 110° wide-angle and 90° adjustable provides a high resolution picture, enable to capture a perfect shot; 5GHz FPV transmission delivery a smooth and stable videos even in high-speed or strong-wind conditions
- GPS Auto Return: GPS assisted flight, it can perform automatically return home when the drone lost signal, out of range or low power, never have to worry about flying it away
- Better Flight Experience: 2 batteries give you up to 46 minutes flight experience. And functions like Altitude Hold, Optical Flow, Headless Mode, One Key Take Off/Landing and Speed Adjust make it so easy to beginners or newbies.
- Considerate Design: This drone comes with a carrying case, and the foldable fuselage design allows it easy to store and more portable for outdoor travelling, weight under 250g to save you from FAA registration.
- More Intelligent Functions: This drone can trace and follow you automatically, flying along a path you set, or fly around a point in circles, and when you pose to the camera it will take a photo or video, let you enjoy the wonderful flight experience.
Reviews from Real Users
I own about 6 drones now. Some are just toys for playing with indoors, but I do have another more expensive drone that is GPS enabled and that I have a lot of fun with outside. However, that drone only has a flight time of about 10 minutes, I believe due to the weight, it's very heavy for a drone. If you’re just getting into drones, I think this is a great budget beginner drone. You won’t have the range of a DJI Mini, which this drone is very similar to, but you can have the same experience up to a limited range for more than 1/3 of the price.
First, when you open the package, you’ll notice a great carrying case that fits everything, including the drone, controller, two batteries, chargers and spare props. All my other drones are in the original boxes they came in or lying around loose. This case is just another great feature of this drone.
The batteries on this drone last about 20 minutes each. They’re lightweight and have a much better-charging cable than previous drones. Unlike most that use the troublesome micro USB port, these use a usb cable that attaches to the battery solidly and easily. I personally hate micro USBs, as they seem to fit poorly and wear out over time. The Controller still uses the micro USB, but this isn’t charged near as often as the batteries.
One thing to note on the batteries. There is a red cap that covers the battery connection on the drone. You should keep this. This piece allows you to store a battery in the drone without the electrical connection being made. Electronic equipment should never be stored with batteries connected, as it can damage both the battery and the equipment.
This HS175D isn't near as heavy as my HS270. This drone is very compact and only weighs about 216 grams. I’ve also noticed this drone obtains GPS signal faster than my other drones and with 20+ minutes of flight time, I’m completely happy with that. The app that you use on the phone will walk you thru setup and preparation for flight making it quick and easy.
The drone’s camera has a single axis gimble, allowing you to rotate it 90 degrees, from straight ahead to straight down. So, while you lose some ability to move in 3 directions like you would with a drone like the DJI Mini 2, you gain rigidity that protects the camera in the event of a crash. The app doesn’t have a lot of camera control for things like exposure, but it does work well for pictures and video.
Other than the camera, the other difference between a high-end drone like the DJI Mini 2 is the connection between the camera and drone. Not to get too technical because both use Wi-Fi signals, but the DJI Mini 2 uses Occusync, which gives you a range of up to 11k yards (6+ miles), whereas this drone uses Wi-Fi on a 5Ghz channel, which has a longer range than say a 2.4Ghz signal, but it is limited and doesn’t like interference from solid objects. If you were operating in maximum conditions (no interference at all from other Wi-Fi signals and no physical interference, you might expect a range of about 650 yards at best. I think a more practical limit would be about 350 yards.
When operating outdoors, you should keep a clear line of sight with your drone, or you may lose connection, and you won't be able to navigate with the camera. The range of the controller is better and not subject to the same limitations, so you'll still be able to control the drone, you just won't have the camera.
2. DJI Mini 2 Fly More Combo – Ultralight Foldable Drone, 3-Axis Gimbal with 4K Camera, 12MP Photos, 31 Mins Flight Time, OcuSync 2.0 10km HD Video
- PACK LIGHT, FLY FREE: at less than 249 g, it weighs about as much as an apple and fits in the palm of your hand. compact and convenient, this small drone is your ideal travel companion, transforming how you capture your favorite memories
- OCUSYNC 2.0 VIDEO TRANSMISSION: mini 2 supports up to 10km of hd video transmission and has excellent anti-interference capabilities, giving you the ability to fly farther and see clearer
- POWERFUL PERFORMANCE: with a max battery life of 31 minutes, dji mini 2 grants more than enough time to compose the perfect shot. mini 2 can resist level 5 winds and take off at a max altitude of 4,000 meters, so your footage is stable even when flying along a windy coastline or high above an alpine forest
- 4X ZOOM: there’s no need to get so close for your dream shot. 4x digital zoom makes it safer and more convenient when transitioning between shots of varying distance and composition
- QUICKSHOTS: with just a few taps, dji mini 2 automatically records and shoots professional-level videos to share directly on social media. whether you’re a beginner or a more experienced flyer, the dji fly app helps you produce impressive results complete with soundtracks and filters
Reviews from Real Users
Incredible. For all those wondering “what’s the difference in the original Mavic mini and the Mini 2?” The mini 2 basically just improved everywhere the original lacked. The things that are notable are Ocusync 2, 4K video, big increase in wind resistance, and quick shots. As well as longer flight time and stronger propellor motors.
This is an INCREDIBLE VALUE!!!
Compared to the Mavic Air 2, they both have the same range, same quickshot modes, and both shoot 4K. If you don’t need obstacle avoidance and 48mp photos then go Mavic mini 2 all the way.
You’re paying an extra $600 on the air for 48mp photos and obstacle avoidance, but with that said the camera on the mini 2 has great sharpness and contrast. You will NOT go wrong with this!
For $600, this drone is a steal. Buy it, you will not regret it!
As an avid photographer who is new to aerial photography, I am delighted with the DJI Mini 2. It is easy to fly--I even took it out over water on my first flight, although briefly and controlled in Cine mode. Despite the small, compact size, it is surprisingly stable and takes sharp images, even in some wind.
The controls are responsive and set up is intuitive and plug-and-play while still providing numerous options for customization.
As a first drone, this is a winner. I am happy with this purchase and highly recommend this product.
3. Holy Stone HS440 Foldable FPV Drone with 1080P WiFi Camera for Adults and Kids; Voice and Gesture Control RC Quadcopter with 2 Batteries for 40 Min
- 1080P HD Auto-Adjustable Camera: Equipped with a 1080P HD camera that can be adjusted within 90° by your remote control or the app, this drone can give you an exciting experience of aerial scenery from the 140° wide-angle lens, and assist you to catch every wonderful moment from a birds-eye perspective. Whether you’re shooting at a deserted beach or capturing the details of a fun family reunion, HS440 can handle it all.
- 40 Min Flight Time: You can enjoy a maximum of 20-mins flight time with one powerful modular battery. The package comes with a storage box and 2pcs batteries, extending your flight time to 40mins amazingly. Besides, the modular battery is easier to install and safer to use.
- Small But Mighty: Thanks to intuitive and advanced features packed in a foldable frame, HS440 provides complete freedom wherever and however you want to create. In addition, it’s equipped with a carrying case which is very helpful for you to move the drone from one place to another. Explore your world without limitations.
- Simply Operation for Stunning Content: HS440 carefully optimizes user experience and intelligent features. Thanks to automatic takeoff, and precise hovering, operation is more streamlined and safer than ever. One-Key High-speed Rotation would bring more fun amid flight. The possibilities are endless when the sky is your playground.
- Discover a New Adventure: HS440 is a must-have for beginners with its intelligent functions such as Emergency Stop, Headless Mode, and Altitude Hold as well as its user-friendly features such as its long flight time for every practice.
Reviews from Real Users
This is Absolutely a Great Little Drone it Looks Like the "Mini-Me" of the HS720(E) it is super easy to set up and I was really impressed the storage case it comes with and how quiet it is but the 2 things that really impressed me was the SD Card Slot (up to 32GB) on the Drone and you can adjust the Camera up and down From the Controller that really blew my mind because I have never seen that feature on a small Drone, it's not really a mini Drone it's more like a mid-sized but it truly preforms like a full size Drone, the App is laid out so it is very easy to understand and use, the FPV is great too I sat in my Recliner and was able to fly it through my house using the FPV, the Videos are really clear and they are stored to your cellphone (720P) and the SD Card (1080p) the Controller range is 330ft and the FPV range is also 330ft, the auto take off button on the controller makes this Drone perfect for beginners, when you press it the Drone takes off nice and easy and will hover at like 4 or 5ft, it may drift a little (especially in a little wind) but setting the trim was really easy and once you have it trimmed the altitude hold is great it hovers so well you have plenty of time to use the features on the App (circle fly, tap to fly ect.) or even take a drink lol! I would absolutely recommend this Drone to anyone wanting to learn how to fly Drones or anyone just wanting a super fun Drone to fly indoors on a rainy day or in there backyard (with no wind) bottom line this is another really great Drone from Holy Stone not to mention they have Great Customer Service.
I was pleasantly surprised with this drone from the packaging, to the included materials and parts and definitely the performance.
They don't have to be in the drone to charge and it comes with two, so you can fly while one is charging (although, it will take more than the 20 minute flight time to charge, which is to be expected)
You can actually change the view of the camera while operating. Most drones in this price range are set in one place and won't move or can only be adjusted pre-flight by hand.
Comes in a perfect fitting case with additional parts. Most drones in this price range just comes in a box and plastic.
* Ease of use:
Instructions are simple enough and the drone is very responsive.
* Not a large done and not very heavy, so don't fly outside on a windy day (they tell you this in the Instructions)
All in all, well worth the money.
The HS 440 is a little gem. I was looking for a drone to take on backpacking trips. I needed something compact and light, check! Good battery life, check! Adjustable camera during flight, check! Protective carrying case, check! Entry level price point, check! The description doesn't mention this but you can add a 32g sd card to boost video quality and range. I live where fall colors are amazing and look forward to using this drone to capture that beauty. I will be adding video as soon as I get the free time to get out there!
Beyond the drone itself being an exceptional bang for the buck I can assure you that from my experience HS customer service is top notch. Initially I had to send them an email regarding my purchase. I received a phone call at 11:30 pm est the same day/night to address my situation. Being so late and not recognizing the number I did not answer. The following day Lily from HS followed up via email and we exchanged almost daily emails until my concern was resolved. The customer service dedication was way above my expectations. Thanks Lily!
4. Holy Stone HS710 Drones with Camera for Adults 4K, GPS FPV Foldable 5G Quadcopter for Beginners with Optical Flow Positioning, Auto Return Home, Fo
- [4K Camera with 5G FPV Transmission] HS710 is a camera drones for adults. The UHD 4K camera captures your wonderful moments with incredible details; the 120°wide angle lens and remote-controlled 90°adjustable structure broaden your view, and the 5GHz FPV technology guarantees longer and smooth image transmission.
- [Intelligent Flight Features] GPS drones for adults, multiple GPS functions such as Follow Me, Waypoint Flight, Tap Fly, and Point of Interest enable the drone to fly automatically and free your hands. The whole family can enjoy the creative fun of flight together.
- [Easy to fly] Altitude Hold makes the drone hover in the air without throttle control; Smart Return to Home and Emergency Stop free your minds of losing the drone; One Key Take Off/ Landing help get the hang of it quickly and easily. A perfect drone for beginners!
- [Triple Stability Guarantee] The GPS and GLONASS dual-mode global positioning system combined with Optical Flow Positioning keeps the drone hover extremely stably in the air both indoors and outdoors.
- [Lasting and Powerful] It holds a position quite stable even in wind with the powerful Brushless Motors better than other competitor drones; 2 safer modular batteries are convenient to use, which increase the flight time up to 50 minutes. The portable and foldable structure is designed for your convenience and brings longer-lasting fun to you and your family.
- [Professional Drone] For professional personnel, HS710 is undoubtedly a reliable professional drone with camera, 4K camera lens, high-definition picture quality, GPS intelligent function, optical flow positioning, all will enhance your flying experience.
- [Super Lightweight] No need to make FAA registration and effectively reduce your travel burden thanks to the weight control of HS710 drone (Less than 0.55LB).
Reviews from Real Users
5. DJI Mavic Mini Combo – Drone FlyCam Quadcopter UAV with 2.7K Camera 3-Axis Gimbal GPS 30min Flight Time, less than 0.55lbs, Gray
- Weighing less than 0 55lbs / 250 grams Mavic Mini is almost as light as the average smartphone In the United States and Canada you can fly this camera drone without the need to register your drone with the government
- The compact yet powerful Mavic Mini camera drone is the perfect creative companion capturing your moments in a way that effortlessly elevates the ordinary
- Mavic Mini’s weight allows it to stay in the air longer than similar consumer FlyCams on the market Enjoy up to 30 minutes of flight time with a fully-charged battery
- Mavic Mini supports 12MP aerial photos and 2 7K HD videos A 3-axis motorized gimbal provides superior camera stability and ensures clear Ultra-smooth footage
- What you get DJI Mavic Mini Remote Controller 3x Intelligent Flight Battery 3x Pairs of Spare Propellers 2x Micro USB Cable Gimbal Protector RC Cable (Micro USB connector) RC Cable (USB-C connector) RC Cable (Lightning connector) Pair of Spare Control Sticks 18x Spare Screw Screwdriver 360° Propeller Guard Two-Way Charging Hub DJI 18W USB Charger Carrying Bag.DJI Fly App requires iOS v10 0 Android v6 0 or above Compatible devices include iPhone 11 Pro Max 11 Pro 11 XS Max XS XR X 8 Plus 8 7 Plus 7 6s Plus 6s 6 Plus 6 Samsung Galaxy S10+ S10 S9+ S9 S8+ S8 S7 edge S7 S6 Note9 Note8 Huawei P30 Pro P30 P20 P10 Mate 20 Pro Mate 10 nova 5 nova 4 nova 3e nova 2 Honor 8X 10 9 20 Pro Magic 2 Mi 8 MIX 2S MIX 2 Redmi Note 5 Oppo Find X R15 Vivo NEX X27 X21 X20A OnePlus 7 6T 5 Pixel 3 XL 2 XL 2 LG V20 LG G6
Reviews from Real Users
This is the first drone i ever got and I couldn't be happier with it.
1st the price, quality drone at a very competitive price. I suggest to get the flymore version that comes with 3 batteries and few other accessories, its well worth the extra $100 to get the flymore version for all the extra accessories.
2nd quality and weight, I couldn't believe how light this drone is at such a small size and yet very stable hoovering in the mid air. Good camera and video quality.
I am extremely happy with this drone, couldn't ask for more for such a quality drone at a very good price. Highly recommended.
6. Ruko U11 Pro Drone with 4K Camera for Adults, 52 Min Flight Time, 5G FPV GPS Drone for Beginners with Live Video, Brushless Motor, Auto Return, Fol
- 【Beginner Friendly】Equipped with GPS & a GLONASS Navigation Satellite System, the U11 Pro has several different flight modes that make it the perfect choice for those learning to fly. Beginner Mode makes the drone a lot easier to handle for first-time pilots and the Return to Home feature ensures the drone will come back home when the battery gets low or it loses signal from the controller.
- 【Intelligent Flight Functions】The U11 Pro comes packaged in a sturdy travel case and includes tons of extra features to help you focus on creating wonderful memories. Its compact size and smart flight modes such as Follow-Me, Point of Interest, and Waypoint in order to ensure that you always get that perfect shot while vacationing or camping.
- 【4K UHD Camera with Shock Absorber】A 4K UHD camera with a 90° controller-adjustable viewing angle lets you see the world from different perspectives and allows you to capture 3840×2160 Ultra HD pictures (which can be stored on your smartphone). In addition, 5GHz FPV transmission technology offers fast and smooth real-time video, without any delay.
- 【Brushless Motors & 52 Min Flight Time】The U11 Pro’s brushless motors offer more efficient flight performance, less noise, longer lifespan, and fewer maintenance issues than standard brushed motors. 2 intelligent batteries extend your flights up to 52 minutes.
- 【Compact, Light Design & Ideal Gift A compact design allows you to take the U11 Pro wherever and whenever inspiration strikes you. This lightweight and powerful camera drone will let junior pilots take to the skies for the first time and the U11Pro makes a perfect gift idea for any occasion such as Birthdays, Christmas and Anniversaries, etc.
- 【Instructions for use】: The use environment of the drone should be in an open area; when the drone is received for the first time, the beginner mode needs to be turned off. The drone is set to fly at a height of only 20 meters in novice mode when it leaves the factory.
- 【Battery Charging】When receiving the drone, please fully charge it before using it. Please use a 5V/2A or 5V/3A adapter to charge.
- 【Buy It With Confidence】 There are operation videos on how to take off, flight environment, etc. on the APP, so that you can be more familiar with and fly more confidently Ruko provides you with quality products and excellent customer service. If you encounter any problems with the drone, please do not hesitate to contact us, we will provide you with fast and friendly customer service.
Reviews from Real Users
I've been playing around with drones for a few years now. All I can say is Ruko is a very competitive brand with not only their pricing, but more importantly their product. I was almost upset when the outer packaging was damaged while being shipped, but after opening everything up, the manufacturer's packaging is so good, that neither the drone, nor the very nice carrying case had any damage to them.
First and foremost, get the app on the phone, once you do, everything becomes very easy. As to the drone, it is built solid. Came with 2 batteries that hold a charge for a decent amount of time. The drone is very easy to control and direct. I've tested it out even in moderate wind, and this thing hold its own. Trust me, if you want something more than a kiddie toy of a drone, this is the way to go. I let my 6 year old fly it, and he had no problems handling it. The features are a completely added bonus. The camera on this takes very decent pictures (see samples). Overall, definitely worth the money. Ive looked at all different types of options, and very happy that I ended up with this brand. Thank you Ruko for making a great product.
Fun little drone. I am impressed with quality and packaging. Inside you get very sturdy travel case with extra blades charger battery and phone stand for the remote. The drone is build solid. Easy to unfold and set to fly. Definitely recommend the app. Makes it so much easier to fly. Calibrating the drone with the phone is very simple. Just follow the instruction on the app. Taking off with the pre set button is very easy. Controlling the drone is very simple. Drone is actually very stable even in windy day. It takes good pictures but you need SD card (not included) to save them on the drone. It does save pictures and video on the phone trough the app but with lower quality. Flying time is little over 20 min for each battery and then you get low battery warning. After the warning you have enough time to land the drone. Follow me option works great when walking or running. Landing is simple with just press of a button. Overall great drone and very easy to control.
I liked the price for it gave me the opportunity to try the hobby without investing a lot of money. I also believe that the technology improvements are going to be great within the next few years so waiting until I make the big purchase seems like a good decision. Thus, I am having a lot of fun with this one and learning. When the next drone game changer appears, I can move up without any hesitation.
7. DJI Mini SE – Camera Drone with 3-Axis Gimbal, 2.7K Camera, GPS, 30-min Flight Time, Reduced Weight, Less Than 0.55lbs / 249 gram Mini Drone, Impro
- Light as a Smartphone – Weighing less than 0 55lbs / 249 grams, DJI Mini SE is roughly the same weight as the smartphone. In the United States and Canada, you can fly this camera drone without the need to register your drone with the local government.
- Capture on the Go – The lightweight and powerful DJI Mini SE camera drone is the ideal for creators on the move. The ultra-portable design allows you to effortlessly capture moments in unforgettable ways.
- More Time in the Sky – DJI Mini SE’s weight allows it to stay in the air longer than similar consumer drones on the market. Enjoy up to 30 minutes of flight time with a fully-charged battery.
- Capture the Detail – DJI Mini SE supports 12MP aerial photos and 2.7K HD videos. A 3-axis motorized gimbal provides superior camera stability and ensures clear ultra-smooth footage.
- Upgraded Wind Resistance – DJI Mini SE can resist 29-38kph winds and take off at a max altitude of 4,000 meters, so your footage is stable even when flying along a windy coastline or high above an alpine forest.
- Easy to Use Template – The DJI Fly app offers a variety of Creator Templates that generate awesome videos with just a tap. Even beginners with no editing experience can turn any moment into a social media hit.
Reviews from Real Users
First let me state that I own and operate many types of drones. For outright photography I tend to lean towards DJI's line of drones. They are extremely stable and reliable. I've been flying them since early 2018. Now the Mini SE is a hybrid of the original DJI Mini and the Mini 2. It has the same motors as the Mini 2(+), but it's connectivity is done with "enhanced" WiFi(-). It is very stable in a 25mph wind because of the motors , but you will be limited in distance by the WiFi signal. And that distance can vary. If you fly in a heavily urban area, I would not expect much distance over 1000 feet before your video signal starts to get choppy. But in the wide open ocean, Ive sent it out about 1600 feet with zero signal loss.
The camera: compared to similar DJI drones you will be limited to 2.7k resolution. But it is some of the sharpest video I've seen. The photos are in 12MP format, plenty of room for editing. What this drone lacks (and I'm not saying it in a bad way) is the automated shooting features of other similar drones. But these other similar drones will cost you a lot more than the list $299 you pay for the drone.
All in all, this is almost the perfect drone for beginners. Except for one thing: there are no sensors on board to alert you to an imminent crash. They had to cut the cost somewhere.
And yes, I would definitely recommend this drone for both beginners and experienced UAV flyers.
Over 100 miles in the air always on sport mode totaling 16h worth in the air. Lipo battery about 24 mins on sport "full speed @ 29mph" The mavic mini black batteries also work and you only loose a minute or 2. Have a total of 5 batteries and can stay airborne almost 2hrs if you had too. I do have it faa registered with 2 strobes top and rear and never fly without them. 20 dollars each and great for night flights. These drones are the cadillacs of the drone world. Longest range was about 1.5 miles in semi residential areas. Range differs the more home wifi router are in the area. Remember to fly higher the farther you go done range, it will improve your line of site. Also remember to stay above 100 ft tree like to jump out. Just be smart, and set your return to home higher then your highest object and your golden. If you loose video or signal, just let go of sticks and wait. The video feed will come back then you may cancel the RTH and gain control again. This is by far DJI best drone for beginners because it has top rated electronics, gps and battery life. Dont worry about the 2.7k video, it looks amazing. It Flys like a 799 Mavic and thats not exaggerated!
8. SANROCK U52 Drone with 1080P HD Camera for Adults Kids, WiFi Live Video FPV Drones RC Quadcopters for Beginners, Gesture Control, Gravity Sensor, A
- ✈【HD Camera & WiFi FPV Drone】Built-in 1080P HD Camera with 90° adjustable angle, FPV Real-Time transmission, you are able to see real time first-person-view on the App. The video clips are automatically saved to the Micro SD card. You edit HD footage and directly upload it to social media from your iPhone or iPad.
- ✈【Multifunctional & Add Fun to Fly】Our camera drone can perform 360° flips and rolls, circle fly makes fly more attractive. You can define an exact flying route on the App map, brings you spectacular flying experiences. You can fly the drone by moving smart phone up or down with Gravity Sensor enables the drone follow your phone’s direction. Great best drone toy gift for beginners.
- ✈【Steady & Intelligent Alert】This drone does Auto Hovering, this mode that ensures a steady hover in the air at a certain altitude when we focus on take great aerial pictures and videos. It will easier to control under headless mode, especially when the drone is out of sight. If the battery of the transmitter or drone is low, the transmitter will sound an alarm. Also when the drone exceeds the distance of 100 meters, the transmitter will sound an alarm, you need to press the return home button.
- ✈【Easy to Control】The Big drone is suitable for beginner, press the “One Key Start/Landing” button, the drone will take-off or landing automatically. There are 2 speed switch, low speed drone suitable for kids and beginners; high speed drone suitable for adults and profession operation. With One Key Return, press the button in emergency situations and get it returned to you, so it can’t be lost.
- ✈【Safe & Long Flying Time】The RC quadcopter has protective propeller guards to ensure a safe flight for you. High-quality ABS material to free your worries of a sudden shock or drop. One battery can support about 10-13 Minutes flight which makes it easy to replace the battery and safe to charge battery. We also sell this type of battery separately, you can contact us if you need it.
Reviews from Real Users
The "feature" that impressed me literally right out of the box was the honest way this company asked for feedback, review, or offered assistance. There was no outward gimmick to entice you into writing a positive review. When a vendor does that you can just about guarantee the product is not going to be impressive. And true to form, this drone IS impressive and works very well, the setup was a breeze, pairing it was simple, the drone itself can take a nasty spill or three and keep working like new. They did not beg for a review and they did not offer a free prize for a review because they do not need to. The drone is worth every penny. You cannot beat the price.
One small thing, it is a bit of a stretch saying this is for a beginner, but i do not say that as a negative, the craft is advanced enough to do quite a lot of droning beyond the beginner level. I could DRONE on about it for ever, but i will leave it at that. With my funny joke, ummm yea well, the drone is better than my joke! I promise!
Great starter Drone for a 10 year old!!
Exactly what I was looking for.. it’s very durable , has been in nearly daily use for a month.. taking lots of crashes, and holding up very well ..
fun and easy to operate!! Soon he will be able to move up to more extensive models thanks to this drone.. perfect intermediate level for kids.
Decent picture Quality at this price and also works well with his Samsung galaxy.
My son has gotten hours of playtime in a day.. the battery recharges quickly.
The price Is right !! Very happy with this purchase!!
I had one of the early DJI Phantom drones that was a pretty awesome machine but this little Sanrock which costs a fraction of the DJI has better wifi and a very adequate camera and frankly, it’s a bit hard to believe it has this much technology for such a great price. It doesn’t have GPS hold or things like that but it’s pretty simple to fly and control regardless. Just stay out of the wind because it’s light enough not to need FAA registration. And remember, the higher you fly it, the more likely the wind will be stronger. I’ve not tested the limits yet and will probably stay pretty conservative in flying it so not to lose it.
9. Holy Stone HS510 GPS Drone for Adults with 4K UHD Wifi Camera, FPV Quadcopter Foldable for Beginners with Brushless Motor, Return Home, Follow Me,2
- [4K Super Resolution Photos] It is able to use every single pixel giving you crystal clear photos and film. This allows the camera to provide smooth 4k video at 16 frames per second, 2.7K video at 25 frames per second. HS510 is definitely a travel essential.
- [Portable & Ultralight] This 4k drone has compact design in that the quadcopter arms and propeller blades can be folded. It is small (Folded Dimension:5.59*2.91*2.04) and weighs less than 250g/0.55lbs, you don’t need to register your drone with the government. Nice Choice for Beginners!
- [Endless Fun in APP Control] With GPS Follow Me,Point of Interest,TapFly, the aircraft can shoot stable aerial shots. With carrying case, It is much more convenient to carry while travelling.
- [GPS & GLONASS] Dual satellite connectivity using both GPS and GLONASS navigation systems, which means you should never loose a signal outdoors. Along with the optical flow positioning, barometer and satellite systems, and it has terrific return-to-home point and a new more precise landing technology.
- [Brushless Motor] Brushless motor with aviation propellers for high aerodynamic efficiency, which is more quiet and longevous than brushed motor.
Reviews from Real Users
tl;dr: the drone needs to be properly calibrated every so often, but the manual doesn't tell you how to do it. Instructions below.
* It looks and feels very high quality
* Good range on the remote
* Video and photo quality is good for the price
* Good battery life (10-15 minutes per battery)
* Flies very fast
* Manual is missing important information
First impressions of this drone were good. If feels very high quality. Sometimes the drone seemed to get "confused" about which way was "up" and would fly erratically instead of hovering in place.
Turns out the gyro needs to be calibrated every so often. Unfortunately, the procedure is not in the manual for some reason. The manual tells you how to calibrate the compass (which you should also do regularly), but not the gyro. So, this is how you do it:
1. Calibrate the compass (instructions in the manual).
2. Put the drone of a flat and LEVEL surface. VERY IMPORTANT. If the surface is not level, you could make the calibration worse, resulting in your drone crashing.
3. Push both sticks down and to the left. You should hear a "beep" and The LEDs on the drone should be flashing green.
4. After the lights stop flashing, you're done.
Do this every so often. Even time I bring it out, I calibrate the compass and then gyro first thing. Additionally, I calibrate the gyro if the drone ever falls or bumps into anything. Do this and you should be able to avoid issues flying this drone.
10. Holy Stone HS260 Drone for Kids Adults with 1080P HD Camera Adjustable, Foldable RC Quadcopter for Beginners with 30 Mins Flight, Gravity Sensor,
- 【FHD 1080P Camera 】HS260 drone records every memorable moment of your life. Its wifi camera supports remote control of 90° up and down, whether traveling, sports, or parties, can capture stunning and exquisite images for you.
- 【Share Fun with You】FPV drone capturing this impressive footage during flight, it is possible to share it instantly with your friends and family. With images and videos sent straight to your smartphone via the APP, you will be able to share them on social media.
- 【Beginner Friendly】 Optical Flow Positioning fixed point height, and it can shoot more easily and steadily. Equipped with an air pressure altitude control system, the drone can hover and take footage with more stability and smoothly.
- 【More Features in APP Control】 HS260 drone could be controlled by remote and App. There 4 main highlight features in APP control, Gravity Control Voice Control Trajectory and Gesture Control. Download the APP and get started with your amazing flight.
- 【Gesture Activate Shooting】 Free up your hands to catch a moment and get together to take group photos and videos.
- 【Portable Fun Toys】HS260 RC drone comes with a storage bag. Get the flying box on your back and start your trip. Pack and go anytime and anywhere in a minute. Flying this drone is magic that can reignite the father-son bond when they go camping, hiking together.
- 【Great Stocking Stuffers Gift】 Holy Stone 2021 hot new release drone. It is the ideal gift for birthdays, Christmas, Fathers Day, and other events. This is a cool unique travel gift that will be loved by kids Men Women Dad Teenagers Boys husband and boyfriend.
Reviews from Real Users
I had zero experience with flying drones before this purchase. I imagined it’d be hard to figure out the controls and would take some time before I could really hone my skills. Surprisingly, I didn’t have to wait very long before I was able to fly the drone well enough that I was able to get some great overhead shots of my kids playing baseball and the shoreline at the beach. I really like having the ability to use either the remote or my phone to fly the drone. Both are easy to use and come packed with enough features that it makes flying a breeze! The packing is also great because it makes it extremely portable and I can pack it in my backpack when I’m riding the hills on my mountain bike and allows me to get some really cool shots of the trails I ride.
I purchased this for my son 10 yrs birthday and he enjoyed, easy use and awesome feature. Its has very clear video and pictures HD. Its very stable flying as 10yers kid can control it. I paired iPhone to enjoy more i did some pictures and videos. It has one minor issue the camera control bottom up and down its functioning but the direction sign on bottom is opposite ( i mean up make camera move down , and down move camera up) . I dont see this a big a problem. Thats why I gave five star.
The HS260 is a small, lightweight, and comes in a compact travel case. Very easy to set up, quick to pair, and no spinning the drone in circles to calibrate, nice. The batteries last 15 minutes each. The drone is very stable to fly up to mild winds. The controls are easy to use, and the drone responds quickly. The camera takes quality pictures, the lens can move up/down, and the video recording works well. You can control the drone from the included remote or use the phone screen controls, which work well. All of the features work as described. For under $100, this drone comes loaded with many features and a nice travel case; excellent job, Holy Stone.
The considerations to buy gps drones under 250 grams
Purchasing online is tricky but if the product is available on Amazon it’s a lot easier thing.
The features you want for gps drones under 250 grams
You purchase a product for a certain purpose, right? So, you should look that the product you are looking for should have that certain features and specifications.
Here we have compiled the features and specifications of and that fulfills your need and desire.
Make sure the product you grabbing has the market standard quality. How do you confirm? Read the product history, check the brand and read users’ feedback.
Here in this blog post, we accumulated some nice users’ feedback that might help you to decide on the best product around filled with quality.
Good quality products come with good brands and a good price, make sure the price is within your budget. Remember, it does not mean that products with a good price come with great quality but usually it does.
The best way to buy a product is from an authentic seller.
An authentic seller is someone who sells their own products, not someone who resells other people’s products.
An authentic seller has a vested interest in the quality of their product, which means they will not resell a faulty or defective product.
The reliability of a product depends on the quality of the product and its performance.
A reliable product can be trusted to work well for a long time.
It is important to buy a reliable product because it will not break down or need repair often, which prevents wasting money on repairs and replacements.
After checking the list of gps drones under 250 grams and reading the real user’s feedback, I hope that you have some ideas on what you like to have. Hope you got your desired product and making a very good move to your home.