There are a bunch of gps drone for under 300 in the market, some of them are good, some of them are bad or average and some of them are the real best of the best. Its quite a bit challenge though to find the best gps drone for under 300.
But the thing is people love to read and listen to recommendations, reviews, and what other people are using and talking about. Here we have listed the best selling gps drone for under 300 for you and along with you will know the real user’s feedback, the verified purchase from Amazon.
Here are the top 3 gps drone for under 300
Top 10 Best Gps Drone For Under 300
1. Holy Stone GPS Drone with 4K Camera for Adults – HS175D RC Quadcopter with Auto Return, Follow Me, Brushless Motor, Circle Fly, Waypoint Fly, Altit
- 4K Ultra Clear Camera: 4K camera with 110° wide-angle and 90° adjustable provides a high resolution picture, enable to capture a perfect shot; 5GHz FPV transmission delivery a smooth and stable videos even in high-speed or strong-wind conditions
- GPS Auto Return: GPS assisted flight, it can perform automatically return home when the drone lost signal, out of range or low power, never have to worry about flying it away
- Better Flight Experience: 2 batteries give you up to 46 minutes flight experience. And functions like Altitude Hold, Optical Flow, Headless Mode, One Key Take Off/Landing and Speed Adjust make it so easy to beginners or newbies.
- Considerate Design: This drone comes with a carrying case, and the foldable fuselage design allows it easy to store and more portable for outdoor travelling, weight under 250g to save you from FAA registration.
- More Intelligent Functions: This drone can trace and follow you automatically, flying along a path you set, or fly around a point in circles, and when you pose to the camera it will take a photo or video, let you enjoy the wonderful flight experience.
Reviews from Real Users
I own about 6 drones now. Some are just toys for playing with indoors, but I do have another more expensive drone that is GPS enabled and that I have a lot of fun with outside. However, that drone only has a flight time of about 10 minutes, I believe due to the weight, it's very heavy for a drone. If you’re just getting into drones, I think this is a great budget beginner drone. You won’t have the range of a DJI Mini, which this drone is very similar to, but you can have the same experience up to a limited range for more than 1/3 of the price.
First, when you open the package, you’ll notice a great carrying case that fits everything, including the drone, controller, two batteries, chargers and spare props. All my other drones are in the original boxes they came in or lying around loose. This case is just another great feature of this drone.
The batteries on this drone last about 20 minutes each. They’re lightweight and have a much better-charging cable than previous drones. Unlike most that use the troublesome micro USB port, these use a usb cable that attaches to the battery solidly and easily. I personally hate micro USBs, as they seem to fit poorly and wear out over time. The Controller still uses the micro USB, but this isn’t charged near as often as the batteries.
One thing to note on the batteries. There is a red cap that covers the battery connection on the drone. You should keep this. This piece allows you to store a battery in the drone without the electrical connection being made. Electronic equipment should never be stored with batteries connected, as it can damage both the battery and the equipment.
This HS175D isn't near as heavy as my HS270. This drone is very compact and only weighs about 216 grams. I’ve also noticed this drone obtains GPS signal faster than my other drones and with 20+ minutes of flight time, I’m completely happy with that. The app that you use on the phone will walk you thru setup and preparation for flight making it quick and easy.
The drone’s camera has a single axis gimble, allowing you to rotate it 90 degrees, from straight ahead to straight down. So, while you lose some ability to move in 3 directions like you would with a drone like the DJI Mini 2, you gain rigidity that protects the camera in the event of a crash. The app doesn’t have a lot of camera control for things like exposure, but it does work well for pictures and video.
Other than the camera, the other difference between a high-end drone like the DJI Mini 2 is the connection between the camera and drone. Not to get too technical because both use Wi-Fi signals, but the DJI Mini 2 uses Occusync, which gives you a range of up to 11k yards (6+ miles), whereas this drone uses Wi-Fi on a 5Ghz channel, which has a longer range than say a 2.4Ghz signal, but it is limited and doesn’t like interference from solid objects. If you were operating in maximum conditions (no interference at all from other Wi-Fi signals and no physical interference, you might expect a range of about 650 yards at best. I think a more practical limit would be about 350 yards.
When operating outdoors, you should keep a clear line of sight with your drone, or you may lose connection, and you won't be able to navigate with the camera. The range of the controller is better and not subject to the same limitations, so you'll still be able to control the drone, you just won't have the camera.
2. Holy Stone HS720 Foldable GPS Drone with 4K UHD Camera for Adults, Quadcopter with Brushless Motor, Auto Return Home, Follow Me, 52 Minutes Flight
- 4K UHD Camera with Image Stabilization: The optimized full HD Camera built with Shock Absorption holder ensures shooting 3840 x 2160 high resolution images and videos without camera vibration. 5GHz FPV transmission and 90°adjustable lens enables you to see the word from different angle.
- GPS Assisted Intelligent Flight: Never lose the drone. It returns automatically whenever battery is low, signal is lost or you press one key return. Also, it is so smart to fly at your will, following you automatically, flying along a path you set, or fly around a point in circles. You may focus on your photography and creation.
- Configuration Upgrade: The 2 intelligent batteries works for 26 Mins/per battery for each charge; 52 Mins in total with 2 batteries; the long-life Brushless Motors have lower power consumption and give you a quieter flight; the foldable design and well-fitted carrying case make it easy to take the drone outdoor. DON’T use batteries from other brands, which may cause product issue or safety concern! PRODUCT SUPPORT AVAILABLE!
- Simple Operation: Equipped Multi Sensors guarantee hovering with great stability and high quality pics taken under different flying environment; Optical Flow Positioning makes great effect when GPS signal is lost or weak. Functions, like one key start/stop, emergency stop, altitude hold and electric fence, keep it simple to control for even beginners.
- Considerate Controller: The control range of 2.4GHz transmitter reaches to 3000 feet high range; battery level and GPS signal shown on the LED screen; a button to turn on or off the drone light is added; right hand throttle mode is available for left-hander. Remember to remove the scratch-proof film from the controller and the camera before use.
Reviews from Real Users
Another fantastic product form Holy Stone. They really stepped it up. This is a great drone with fantastic features. Holy stone was the first indoor drone I bought and I have bought several others. They never let me down. Great customer support and spares availability( I crash a lot). If this is the future of the company, they are going in the correct direction.
I love the case it comes in. The remote is comfortable in the hands and fits my iPhone 10. The display is easy to read. The joysticks have a great response and feel sturdy. The buttons are layed out well.
This drone has some weight to it. It doesn’t feel cheap.
After the set up it’s flight is easy and responsive. It flew very stable in a light wind with minimal drifting. I didn’t get to test the time in the battery but it was about a 15 min flight with more left to go. Auto land works good. Looking forward to putting it through more testing.
We have a mid range drone that we fly it was $2800 dollars, its big and bulky and a pain to carry around. But these little guys are easy to setup, built solid (unexpectedly) i mean really solid the arms are strong. Thing boogies as it flys and stores photos in the app even with no SD card in it! Totally impressed we purchased 2! Had to put a Sky Ronin Decal on ours so we could decipher which one belongs to me or my son lol.
3. DJI Mavic Mini Combo – Drone FlyCam Quadcopter UAV with 2.7K Camera 3-Axis Gimbal GPS 30min Flight Time, less than 0.55lbs, Gray
- Weighing less than 0 55lbs / 250 grams Mavic Mini is almost as light as the average smartphone In the United States and Canada you can fly this camera drone without the need to register your drone with the government
- The compact yet powerful Mavic Mini camera drone is the perfect creative companion capturing your moments in a way that effortlessly elevates the ordinary
- Mavic Mini’s weight allows it to stay in the air longer than similar consumer FlyCams on the market Enjoy up to 30 minutes of flight time with a fully-charged battery
- Mavic Mini supports 12MP aerial photos and 2 7K HD videos A 3-axis motorized gimbal provides superior camera stability and ensures clear Ultra-smooth footage
- What you get DJI Mavic Mini Remote Controller 3x Intelligent Flight Battery 3x Pairs of Spare Propellers 2x Micro USB Cable Gimbal Protector RC Cable (Micro USB connector) RC Cable (USB-C connector) RC Cable (Lightning connector) Pair of Spare Control Sticks 18x Spare Screw Screwdriver 360° Propeller Guard Two-Way Charging Hub DJI 18W USB Charger Carrying Bag.DJI Fly App requires iOS v10 0 Android v6 0 or above Compatible devices include iPhone 11 Pro Max 11 Pro 11 XS Max XS XR X 8 Plus 8 7 Plus 7 6s Plus 6s 6 Plus 6 Samsung Galaxy S10+ S10 S9+ S9 S8+ S8 S7 edge S7 S6 Note9 Note8 Huawei P30 Pro P30 P20 P10 Mate 20 Pro Mate 10 nova 5 nova 4 nova 3e nova 2 Honor 8X 10 9 20 Pro Magic 2 Mi 8 MIX 2S MIX 2 Redmi Note 5 Oppo Find X R15 Vivo NEX X27 X21 X20A OnePlus 7 6T 5 Pixel 3 XL 2 XL 2 LG V20 LG G6
Reviews from Real Users
This is the first drone i ever got and I couldn't be happier with it.
1st the price, quality drone at a very competitive price. I suggest to get the flymore version that comes with 3 batteries and few other accessories, its well worth the extra $100 to get the flymore version for all the extra accessories.
2nd quality and weight, I couldn't believe how light this drone is at such a small size and yet very stable hoovering in the mid air. Good camera and video quality.
I am extremely happy with this drone, couldn't ask for more for such a quality drone at a very good price. Highly recommended.
4. UranHub Drone with Camera 2K UHD for Adults, GPS Foldable FPV RC Quadcopte for Beginners with 2 Batteries, Auto Return, Follow Me, Gesture Control,
- 【Shot on URANHUB Drone】Equipped with 2K UHD camera, URANHUB drone allows you to both capture hyperclear videos and aerial photos. Record your precious moments with a unique perspective. FPV 5G transmission allows you to see live video from your phone.
- 【GPS Smart Operation】With built-in GPS function, this drone provides you with a smoother shooting journey. In addition, you can recall the drone back to the starting point with just a tap, there’s no fear of losing it anymore!
- 【Easier and More Fun】Intelligent modes such as Follow Me, Point of Interest, Waypoints, etc. provide endless possibilities for exciting shots. Let the shooting fun cascade. You can also instantly share each brilliant moment to your social platform via mobile phone. Come and share the happy memories with your friends.
- 【Simple Gesture Control】Thanks to the advanced gesture control technology, group photos and sports shots are easy and cool. By gesturing “victory”, the drone will automatically take a photo; by gesturing “palm”, it will automatically start recording.
- 【Ideal Drones for Adults】This drone has Headless Mode, One-button Takeoff/Landing, Emergency Stop, One-button Return, Speed Switch and other smart modes. Whether you are new to drones or not, these features can provide you with a fun and safe flying experience. It is such a pretty good drone with camera for adults!
Reviews from Real Users
Although this isn't my first drone I will say I'm still a beginner pilot. Really still learning to be comfortable with flight controls and busing a phone screen to direct the drone. Although i had an initial issue with connecting the drone to controller once I read the included manua and referred to the app the issue was resolved easily.
Things I appreciate are the leds, actually they are highly visible and gives me a good reference of the direction its traveling in. I also liked the easy 1 button take off landing buttons really allow smooth operation and less risk of making any sudden moves that can lead to crashing and damaging the drone. The drone does have GPS 2k camera follow me and flight planning modes. Honestly I've tried them all out a little, but as I stated I'm still a bit nervous about letting the drone out my sight and really dis-trusting that I may lose it so I try to keep it within eye range. Its not the drone its me I have trust issues,, lol. But all the modes and features have been flawless in operation and the ease of use is building up my confidence to do more each time I take it out.
The flight time per battery is less 20 mins but I'm fine with that as 2 batteries with chargers are included also spare props are included as well.. The drone itself is is solid and I like that its foldable. The controller is comfortable, it has a built in battery and includes a USB charger which is great.
The image quality is grat for the price.
Overall, I'd recommend this drone if you want to learn how to fly and get a few more advanced features you get with some more expensive drone at less then half the price .
The drone was packed well and safely and arrived very quickly.
It exceeded my expectations and easily convinced me in previous real-world tests. An extensive guide guided tips, setup and operation.
With a 2K camera, so I don't have to worry about photos or videos being out of focus. Thanks to the GPS feature, it lets me know where the drone is at any given time.
So far, I've always had a sense of security while flying. There is no situation where I think I can't control the drone. It is very stable in the air. Recommend it to all of you.
It's nice that the drone came installed and ready to operate so I didn't need to scratch my head for installation. There are 4 spare paddles and 4 paddle guards inside, which is especially thoughtful. There are also two batteries and the battery life is quite good. I think it can probably fly for over 30 minutes as I tried for over 20 minutes and the battery still wasn't used up. The remote control is rechargeable, so I don't have to buy batteries as often. It has a small, foldable remote control with a phone holder at the top, which easily fits in my pocket after folding. The remote control is comfortable to hold in my hand. The buttons are nicely arranged. The joystick is very responsive and feels sturdy. The drone's 2K pixels are clear, and it's easy to take pictures and videos that can be operated by gestures. The response is particularly impressive, and the drone comes back automatically when you press the GPS one button to return. There are many other features that I am still trying one by one, but overall, at this price, it is a very good deal and I highly recommend it.
5. Holy Stone GPS Drone with 1080P HD Camera FPV Live Video for Adults and Kids, Quadcopter HS110G with Carrying Bag, 2 Batteries, Altitude Hold, Foll
- GPS Auto Return: Equipped with GPS Location, the drone can memorize the “HOME” point and return automatically whenever the drone lose signal or lose power or whenever you press down auto return button.
- Intelligent Features: You may set a Customer Flight Path at your will or instruct the drone to Follow You automatically.
- Upgraded Configuration: The carrying bag makes it convenient to take the drone out; 2 Modular Batteries prolong flight time to 26 Minutes; Control Range is up to 984ft.
- 1080P HD FPV Camera: The HS110G drone with 1080P HD camera can record images and voice at the same time. And you may share them on the social media immediately through the App.
- Easy for Beginners: The latest Altitude Control System enable stable flight. There are considerate icon on the Controller and App to help users grasp flying skills sooner.
Reviews from Real Users
The HS110G from Holy Stone came with a nice zipper carrying case with all the accessories needed, including 2 batteries and extra props. Startup was the same as the other drones, you have to pair the remote, calibrate the gyro, then register GPS signal. The initialization of this drone is probably the fastest I've seen yet, I was able to take off within 2 minutes of popping in the battery cartridge.
With GPS locked in, the drone will maintain its location within roughly a square meter area, no matter the wind directions. I can't even deal with drones that don't have GPS anymore, it is a must-have feature. The camera mounted underneath is removable, but no adjustable positioning, the camera only points straight forward, but is wide-angle enough to catch almost any view.
After a mix-up and a collision with a garden fence, the drone seemed to struggle maintaining balance during the next flight. I was concerned but then did a recalibration of the gyro and it performed much better, so it's important to remember to recalibrate during any hard landing or crash.
Return to home seemed to behave differently, as most other drones rise up high to avoid obstacles, then navigate to home position, then drop down. This one maintained its current altitude, then slowly navigated and lowered to the starting point. This one has a unique button that can do an emergency power kill mid-flight. I didn't try it, but supposedly it will shut down the props and the unit just free-falls, perhaps a good safety-net with some of the reports of GPS flaking out in similar drone models and losing control of the drone.
All in all this was a fun drone to play with and a good starter drone for the beginner!
I have a couple drones and other RC products. The Holy Stone HS110G stands out as one of the best I have flown. If you are interested in buying a drone or upgrading, please read this review. I will cover all the highlights of this drone. First, like some of the best products made, the packaging usually reflects the quality of the product. The HS110G comes in a perfect designed and well padded case for storage and transport. I actually have never seen a well designed case for an inexpensive product like this. It protects the drone, and is easy to keep things stored. I have considerable experience in the plastics industry. The HS110G drone is made from very durable quality plastic that can take an impact without breaking. The fit and finish is comparable to drones costing many times more. It is obviously engineered by a team that designs state of the art aesthetics with the best materials and functions. Both the controller and drone are robust. The controller has a great feel with a quality weight, not a cheap toy. So, how does it perform? I set it up first indoors. The instructions are clear and written with great visuals. I took extra care indoors. If this is your first drone, just tether the landing gear with string and a weight if you want to learn to hover and the controls. If outside just follow instructions and fly it. Easy! I took it outside with winds around 5 mpg with gusts, and flew it around the yard.Great Fun & Wow, stable and speeds adjusting from low to fast, for beginner to advanced. I really totally impressed. I went up to max saltitude and watched the sunsets and the next day sunrise. Very cool. I took a few images and videos. The camera resolution outperforms my other drones. Crisp and clear photo and video. Great to capture stunning vacation shots you could not get without a drone. I tested the follow me feature, auto take off and land, everything worked great. A real test is to see if a drone comes home if something unexpected happens. I sent the drone at high altitude towards the woods. It disappeared at great distance. I actually thought I lost it. A minute or so later it came right back and landed. I was totally amazed. So, if you want a high quality drone that is affordable, easy and fun to fly with a camera and all the needed features, the Holy Stone HS110G is the one to buy. For yourself, a loved one, or to give as a gift. You will be totally pleased. I hope this helps. Have fun flying......
6. 4DF3 GPS Drone with 4K Camera for Adults,5G FPV Live Video RC Quadcopter for Beginners,Kids Toys Gift,2 Batteries, Auto Return Home, Follow Me,Grav
- [4K Camera 5GHz Image Transmission]:F3 is a camera drones for adults. The UHD 4K camera captures your wonderful moments with incredible details; the 120°wide angle lens and remote-controlled 90°adjustable structure broaden your view, and the 5GHz FPV technology guarantees longer and smooth image transmission.
- [GPS Auto Return & Follow Me]:GPS Auto Return,Follow Me, Object Trace&Custom Path–never to worry to start a drone flying adventure anywhere at your house lawn or at the world’s end. Up to 12 GPS satellites accompany the drone wherever in the world you may be.it traced and automatically follow you,let you focus on the moment,take a good selfie. Besides, it will fly as you want once you set a unique path.
- [Numerous features, endless fun]: 4D-F3 drone can be a great photography tool. Featuring follow Me mode, point of interest, waypoints and object track, it frees your hands and allows you to focus on creative video contents. You can even add narration while shooting videos. Grab it and film your adventures or happy moments.
- [Foldable & 2 Modular Batteries]:2 Battery Lasts 50 Mins. Both drone arms and propellers are foldable. Equipped with one-key take off/land/return, auto hover, headless mode and 3 speeds switch, it is super friendly to newbies.Help you take great selfie or panoramic views looking down from the sky.
- [Professional Drone]: This drone is very light and weighs 239g. According to this weight, you do not need to register on the FAA. Such a mini size is easy to carry. Although this drone is lightweight, it has strong wind resistance and can withstand level 3 wind, FPV transmission range up to 1200 Ft, control range up to 2000 Ft. which is much better than most drones on the market. Any question, please feel free to let us know.
- [Easy to fly] Altitude Hold makes the drone hover in the air without throttle control; Smart Return to Home and Emergency Stop free your minds of losing the drone; One Key Take Off/ Landing help get the hang of it quickly and easily. A perfect drone for beginners!
Reviews from Real Users
Its pretty fun. The app works but is hard to figure out. Once you do its pretty fun. I would say ignore and skip the instructions except for the first time during a session. The app disconnects when it lands sometimes. Idk what thats about. Haven't figured out the follow me or anything yet but ill get there
Amazon compresses videos so prob not as good quality but the drone takes good video and photos. No stabilization rlly but still smooth if you can fly. The drone wobbles somewhat and the blades scrape up. So try for soft landing areas. Overall the video is good and if you want a starter drone this is pretty good.
My first drone, wow it’s exciting. Gonna just write the first impression on it then update y’all on the test-flight.
IMO, it’s a beginner friendly drone for sure. The packaging were compact. The remote controller is ease to use and the drone itself has many useful features. Such as gesture flying, return to home, emergency stop and etc. The picture quality is around 720p which is a bang for your buck for this price tag.
I have tried to fly it within my house (not recommended). The drone is stable, and is responsive. It’s a nifty toy, and I can’t wait to test fly it.
The 4drc Drone is a wonderful drone. It comes in awesome package and suitcase. It has a great camera. The installation of the drone is very simple. The letters in the manual could've been alittle bigger though. But I couldn't have been more happier with the whole set-up. It's advertisements is just as it said it was gonna be. Also delivery time was very quick!!!. I actually got my drone in less than 24hrs. The batteries are actually great, but of course they're still new. I just finally checked the wi-fi connection to drone to phone using the 4drc drone app and it works just wonderful. It only took about 30 seconds to connect from phone app to drone. So far since I've been highly busy I've only done quick take offs and been testing the batteries, apps, GPS, auto take-off and return. Today, after the rain I'll be taking "Danny" the Drone out for a full flight right until the battery dies. I very glad that I picked this particular drone. The app shows on my phone so cleary. All the buttons actually work and fully functionable.
7. Potensic T25 GPS Drone with Camera for Adults 2K FPV, RC Quadcopter with WiFi Live Video, Auto Return Home, Altitude Hold for Beginners, Follow Me,
- 2K, 120 FOV, 75 ADJUSTABLE WIDE ANGLE}- Wider Vision & fluent transmission helps to capture clearly photos and more stable videos. WiFi camera provide you faster but clearer image transmission.
- GPS ASSIST FLY: Follow Me Mode & Dual GPS free your hands, while GPS drone automatically follow you, simultaneously capturing all the videos & photos. Beside, Potensic T25 drone will fly as you want once Customize Flight Path function activated.
- ALUMINUM SILVER CASE: Headless Mode, Altitude Mode and One Key to Take-off / Land function make easier access to kids or beginners. Convenient and Easy, you could bring it outdoor conveniently.
- 2 LONG FLIGHT BATTERIES: 2*Modular battery 1000 mAh and up to 300m control range enable you to go farther and see broader without worried. Great drones for adults.
- SAFER AUTO RETURN: Equipped with Dual GPS drone will stand still in the wind and automatic return home, also one key remote control back to home (RTH) when it is with low power or weak signal or lost.
Reviews from Real Users
8. Potensic T25 Drone with Camera for Adults, 2K GPS FPV Camera Drone with Backpack, 3 Batteries, Auto Return Home, Follow Me, Waypoint Fly, Altitude
- 【2K HD 75° ADJUSTABLE CAMERA】 Equipped with FPV 2K HD camera, the drone takes stunning photographs and videos. Due to built-in up down gimble, the angle of camera can be adjusted by remote control in flight. Super easy to capture a perfect shot of 120° FOV.
- 【3 BATTERIES, LONG RUN TIME】With 3 upgraded 1000 mAh intelligent battery provides up to 30 minutes flight time. You can use the drone with camera as both a backyard flyer to film family events and share it on social media.
- 【GPS AUTO RETURN, SAFE FLY】 The camera drone applied double positioning system: GPS and Optical Flow Positioning, which ensure the flight stability. For safe flying, the drone for adults can return to home point automatically when you press RTH button or the drone loses signal/power.
- 【INTELLIGENT FLY MODES, USER FRIENDLY】 Headless Mode, altitude hold and one key to take-off / landing are basic modes for beginner to learn drone flying. Advanced Modes such as follow Me, tap flight are both available to enrich your flight experience.
- 【CONSIDERATE DESIGN】 Package comes with backpack for outdoor use. The camera drone’s weight is less than 250g, no need of FAA registration. Potensic promises 360 days of free return or exchange. Please feel free to contact us.
- 【A perfect gift drone for beginners, kids and adults to have a easy and stable flight experience】
Reviews from Real Users
This machine is very beautiful! When opened, there is a black back packing machine. The parts of the machine are in different areas of the package. The instructions are detailed and available in several languages. I downloaded the APP and activated the machine in eight steps. I tried it indoors, and it was fast and smooth. Look forward to going outside and making great videos.
The drone is nice; its responsive and handles well, it handles wind pretty good, it has decent range, the remote is comfortable in my hands(Playstation Style), video resolution looks pretty good and the image is stable and the camera has a micro SD slot in the back of it with camera controls integrated into the remote. I had to return the first one because of remote sync issues, but that was my mistake which I learned after I watched the YouTube video. Return and replacement of the first drone was painless and the second drone came within 2 days. I purchased the drone that said it was fulfilled by Amazon, and not some 3rd party seller which, in my experience, seems to always make returns easier.
When I first flew the drone, I set it on level ground, did the remote sync, and off it went; that easy. I didnt calibrate the GPS or use the app the first flight. There was no second flight with the first drone. After watching the YouTube video I realized I had to do the GPS calibration, I didn't have a choice, but it wasn't difficult. There is a YouTube video by Potensic titled, "How to pair and calibrate Potensic T25 GPS drone" which shows how to calibrate the drone in a couple easy steps. In short, returning the first drone was due to not calibrating the GPS, which isn't always necessary to just do a simple quick flight. I followed all calibrations on the 2nd drone and had no issues. Sometimes I'm able to fly after syncing the remote and other times I have to calibrate the GPS to fly. Either way, its not difficult to get flight ready.
The case that it comes with does its job. It's not a hard case, but the packing inside is a hard type foam that does protect the drone and everything in it really well. Everything fits in there really snug with little wasted space. Theres even room enough for one or two more batteries, which brings me to the only negative thing I have to say about the drone; battery life.
As with most beginner/basic drones, battery life is short. The drone comes with three batteries though. They are fully encased and have an on/off button right on the battery plus four indicator lights which tells you the batteries' life. These are not battery packs with pigtails that have to be plugged in. Theres a slot in the back of the drone where the battery just slides and clicks in. Flight time is roughly 10-12 minutes depending on wind conditions. I observed that if the drone has to stabilize itself in windy conditions, the batteries will run out quicker.
In summary; good drone, easy to calibrate and fly, battery life is decent given price point and again there are three of them, video quality is good and having the SD card slot is a plus if video/snapshots are your thing, the carrying case is convenient and protects the drone well, the YouTube video Potensic made shows you how to calibrate, connect drone to the wifi/app, and flight controls. Would like to give the Dreamer model a try next
9. GPS Module GPS NEO-6M(Ar duino GPS, Drone Microcontroller GPS Receiver) Compatible with 51 Microcontroller STM32 Ar duino UNO R3 with IPEX Antenna
- How to use the template, the link is obtained in the product description
- ★Note: This GPS module will not search for signals when the weather is bad, and it will not search for stars indoors. When using it, please make sure that the GPS module is in an open location.
- GPSBaud needs to be set to 9600 instead of 4800; PPS pin is not needed unless using the GPS to drive a hardware high precision clock; GT-U7 main module GPS module using the original UBLOX 7th generation chip, Software is compatible with NEO-6M. GT-U7 module, with high sensitivity, low power consumption, miniaturization, its extremely high tracking sensitivity greatly expanded its positioning of the coverage.
- With a USB interface, you can directly use the phone data cable on the computer point of view positioning effect; With IPEX antenna interface, the default distribution of active antenna, can be quickly positioned.
- USB directly connected to the computer, That is, with the host computer-owned serial port function, no need for external serial module, send IPX interface active antenna!
Reviews from Real Users
This chip is a clone of the U-Blox Neo-6m. U-Blox.com has lots of documentation at U-blox.com
It's a 5 volt device. With Rx and Tx both 5v. The default Baud rate is 9600 bps which is higher that typical modules. It works with TinyGPS and Adadfruit GPS libraries once you are connected. You can use the USB micro B plug to access the chip directly The U-blox U-Center software will interface directly thru USB.
The U-center is complex and powerful but daunting. Since the device is a clone not every feature is guaranteed to work through U-Center but many useful settings do work.
Another USB direct software is VisualGPSView. (Free)
The USB connection is a different channel from the serial and may use a different baud rate.
Double check which:
-Baud rates are used
-Voltages used on each pin
-Reverse Rx Tx pins just to be sure
This info cost me a lot of pain to learn so try it out. I love this module and I am using several already. It is very sensitive and gets a fix fast.
My application is timekeeping, and certainly does not involve flight control.
This module was intriguing given its low price relative to other modules.
• MicroUSB connector makes it super quick to check operation against a 9600 baud serial port/terminal.
• Operates on 5V, and I’ve confirmed on a scope (and by use) that both the TXD and PPS output TTL levels.
• Draws ~35ma @ 5V.
• PPS is a positive-going 100ms pulse and it appears that the positive transitions mark the *next* received sentences, and seconds=00. Note that PPSs only appear when there’s an actual fix (eg. $GPRMC Status term = ‘A’) The little red LED on the breakout board seems to be wired as inverse-PPS, so solid red until a fix, then pulsing off in tandem with PPS. Useful.
• I confirmed that two otherwise unrelated modules with fixes, do PPS exactly in tandem, as expected.
• Sentences output (at 1s intervals of 9600 baud) are ($GP)RMC, VTG, GGA, GSA, GSV & GLL. I only needed RMC & GGA.
• Position output was spot-on at least when static on my desk. Had no need to evaluate it in motion.
• Sentences seem to work fine with the usual GPS parsing libraries, or if you roll your own.
• The breakout module features what appears to be a small rechargeable coin cell spot-welded to its holder, permitting hot-starts.
• The supplied patch antenna on a short pigtail with a U.FL connector works well. So does a more substantial GPS antenna terminated with a U.FL. Keep in mind U.FL connectors are not intended for repeated mating cycles. ie, they’re fragile! Use a magnifying glass when connecting.
What I find questionable:
• Vendors’ Amazon description claims to be “using the original UBLOX (sic) 7th generation chip”. Obviously, the “GT-U7” module on this breakout board does not claim to be a u-blox product. Is it then using some sort of “original” ublox chip inside it? Reading up on how to spot a fake on ublox’s site leads one to believe this is in fact some sort of clone of the u-blox Neo 6 or 7. Startup $GPTXT sentence claims itself as u-blox 7, tho… Questionable if module is in fact configurable via u-center, although u-center has no problem parsing its output. If you are expecting something genuine-ublox, do some research.
• Questionable how 5V-tolerant RXD, the sole input on this breakout, might be. Since I do not plan on sending it any configuration, I’m leaving it disconnected and using the module in its default mode.
• A schematic of this breakout board would be very useful, in particular to answer the previous question. Can’t seem to find one for it. Aargh. Easy enough to reverse-engineer, given motivation to do so.
So, would I trust this product in my 1/8 scale autonomous jet-powered RC A380 model aircraft? Probably not.
But for my timekeeping application, it works fine, thus not subtracting any stars since I’m realistic about its pedigree.
10. Holy Stone HS720E GPS Drone with 4K EIS UHD 130°FOV Camera for Adults Beginner, FPV Quadcopter with Brushless Motor, 2 Batteries 46 Min Flight Ti
- 4K EIS Anti-Shake Camera with Sony Sensor: The EIS (Electric Image Stabilization) technology reduces video blurring; Sony Sensor is equipped with advanced image-capture technologies for superior image quality than others; 4k(3840 x 2160) camera catches much more details; Videos can be recorded with 1080p@60fps or 4K@30fps; The remote controlled 90°adjustable angle broadens your view; besides, 5GHz FPV transmission guarantees longer (1640 Feet) and smooth image transmission.
- Easy to Use: With air optical flow & air pressure altitude control system, the drone can hover stably both indoor and outdoor. GPS location and Auto Return to Home free of losing the drone.
- Advanced Flight Modes: The intelligent flight modes enable the drone to fly automatically and free your hands and minds to do video or picture creation, including Follow Me, Tap Fly, and Point of Interest.
- Brushless Motors: Brushless motors run more powerful with much less noise compared to brushed motors, which can enable stable and fast drone flights. Besides, they have a longer lifetime and spare you from motor maintenance.
- Fly More Kit (46 Mins of Flight): Each intelligent battery support23 minutes of flight; 2 batteries included prolong your sky trip to 46 minutes. Less charging, more flying. The Carrying Bag included makes it easy to take the drone out and keep it when you don’t need it.
Reviews from Real Users
This is my first drone. I found it very easy to use. The instruction manual does a great job at walking your through getting started. Pay attention to the image for calibrating the drone. there is a specific way it needs to be rotated. Once I figured that out I was up and running.
PROBLEM: It has a significant navigation issue that presents itself regularly. 4 flights out of 10 or 40% of the time, 30 seconds after take off the drone stops responding and flies off on its own.
**update** I have given up. The drone no longer responds to commands other than up and down. It acts as if it has a mind of its own. This is my second unit and they both developed this problem rather quickly only having 5 or 6 successful flights. Don't waste your money
The considerations to buy gps drone for under 300
Purchasing online is tricky but if the product is available on Amazon it’s a lot easier thing.
The features you want for gps drone for under 300
You purchase a product for a certain purpose, right? So, you should look that the product you are looking for should have that certain features and specifications.
Here we have compiled the features and specifications of and that fulfills your need and desire.
Make sure the product you grabbing has the market standard quality. How do you confirm? Read the product history, check the brand and read users’ feedback.
Here in this blog post, we accumulated some nice users’ feedback that might help you to decide on the best product around filled with quality.
Good quality products come with good brands and a good price, make sure the price is within your budget. Remember, it does not mean that products with a good price come with great quality but usually it does.
The best way to buy a product is from an authentic seller.
An authentic seller is someone who sells their own products, not someone who resells other people’s products.
An authentic seller has a vested interest in the quality of their product, which means they will not resell a faulty or defective product.
The reliability of a product depends on the quality of the product and its performance.
A reliable product can be trusted to work well for a long time.
It is important to buy a reliable product because it will not break down or need repair often, which prevents wasting money on repairs and replacements.
After checking the list of gps drone for under 300 and reading the real user’s feedback, I hope that you have some ideas on what you like to have. Hope you got your desired product and making a very good move to your home.