There are a bunch of gps collar for small dogs in the market, some of them are good, some of them are bad or average and some of them are the real best of the best. Its quite a bit challenge though to find the best gps collar for small dogs.
But the thing is people love to read and listen to recommendations, reviews, and what other people are using and talking about. Here we have listed the best selling gps collar for small dogs for you and along with you will know the real user’s feedback, the verified purchase from Amazon.
Here are the top 3 gps collar for small dogs
Top 10 Best Gps Collar For Small Dogs
1. PETFON Pet GPS Tracker, No Monthly Fee, Real-Time Tracking Collar Device, APP Control For Dogs And Pets Activity Monitor
- 🐕NO MONTHLY FEE, ANTI-LOST RADAR SERCHING: Petfon GPS tracker is free of any service fee or monthly fee.The small, durable, and rainproof device allows you to track your pet’s activity and pinpoint his/her location in real time. Petfon GPS tracker combines GPS, WiFi, bluetooth, and long distance wireless technologies for accurate real-time positioning.The unique Rada serching feature can help you find the direction of the lost dogs.
- 🐕REAL-TIME & LONG DISTANCE TRACKING: Petfon GPS Tracker is easy to install and use. Just download the Petfon app and follow the instructions. With the app, you can view your pet’s activities and pinpoint his location at any time. The tracking ranges can be up to 0.65 miles in downtown/dense space and 3.5 miles in an open environment. But it will be effected by surarroundings.
- 🐕GEOFENCING,MULTICOLOR ALERT,CUSTOMIZABLE VOICE COMMAND: With Petfon GPS tracker you can define a safe area around your pet’s location and get notified instantly if your pet leaves that area. You can also activate the colorful lights on the GPS tracker to locate your pet more easily in dim light or at night time. Voice commands can be recorded and stored on the tracker to communicate with your pets remotely.
- 🐕LONG STANDBY BATTERY,LIGHT WEIGHT & RAINPROOF: The Petfon GPS tracker is small and durable (42mm*42mm*18mm, Weight: 27.6g). The rainproof feature enables it to work in wet weather but do not working for swimming. Petfon GPS Tracker’s battery can last up to 8-16 hours and comes with a compact charging station. It can recharge the device multiple times, which is perfect for going off the grid.
- 🐕Different from Petfon1, Petfon2 is blue rather than grey, and it is sturdier and more dirt resistant. Petfon2 firmware and software have been optimized so it is more sensitive & stable. The tracking distance is 15% further and the initial positioning time is 10 seconds shorter than Petfon1, which makes the tracking quicker and more accurate.
Reviews from Real Users
I’m not a paid reviewer, I bought this device for my Border Collie as she’s seriously bad about going across the road to the BLM chasing deer. We live out on land. Yes you really should take it off and charge it at night because it’s working hard all day connecting to the GPS, but the main point here is that is WORKS. Every time she exists her 100 yard radius I get a notification almost instantly on my iPhone and I’m pretty sure it goes off around her neck as within like 60 seconds I get a second notification she’s back in the leash perimeter. I was able to record my voice saying “Come” which totally freaks her out and sends her running right back towards the house every time even recently when it rained despite all the negative Amazon reviews that said it doesn’t work in bad weather. It does for us, just great. I also love the remote control too as there have been a few times she didn’t turn right around after exiting the perimeter that I pushed the button on the remote and then she definitely turned her behind around running back towards home. Maybe others are not charging each night. I do as I want to make sure it works during the day. This device has really helped us. I had tried top expensive wireless fence products and they SUCK. This device is a total lifesaver, it’s seemed to be durable so far and keeps my Border Collie on my property without have to install a $50,000 no climb fence. So, yes, I highly recommend this! Thank you to the engineer who made this, it’s easy to use and it works great, field testing in Montana on lots of land.
Updated on 10-20-2020
I wanted to add that it’s been several times upgraded since the initial review! It actually shows real time as the cat moves and I can see which direction my cat is moving toward. It’s convenient when I want to go out to get the cat back home. It also has a cat category now so my cat is registered as a cat, not as a beagle anymore. I noticed that they keep upgrading the firmware of the device, and I love the added features- the radar and and almost real time tracking. It also shows hot spots- where my cat likes to hang out the longest- too. It has improved many ways that benefit cat owners. Thank you!
We live in suburban town. My cat was a stray, now lives in our garage. He goes out in the morning, and comes back home by 4-5 pm before sun goes down. He is about 11.5 lbs and he’s quite active.
The device is slightly bigger than I would have liked, but my cat doesn’t seem bothered by it.
It picks up the signal 80percent of time, but then it goes offline( red dot), which I assume because my cat got under a deck or something.
When it works, it’s fantastic! I saw that my cat was on route to home, and it said he was at my home, so I opened the door to garage and here he just walked into the garage!
I like how it shows its daily trails. It gives me a peace of mind to know where my cat is about. He was a stray, and is happiest when he is getting some free time outside. I’ve been looking for/using other tracking devices and this one is the best so far!
To companay: you gotta update the app to add a cat. Currently my cat is registered as a beagle and it’s not fair.
I received this GPS tracker in the mail a couple days ago and I am impressed with the quality of the devices. The app is easy to install and use and I didn’t have any issues syncing the tracker and receiver to my phone via Bluetooth.
I was excited about this product because my dog likes to run the neighborhood and we live in a rural wooded area.
So far I’m disappointed that the tracker seems to loose connection super easily. It’s done it while I’ve been in my house with the receiver and outside while I’ve still got eyes on my dog. I’m not sure why it is loosing connection. The device is fully charged.
UPDATE: I almost returned, but I really wanted it to work for our situation. I've decided to keep it because after shrinking the safety zone around our house, it seems to work better. The receiver wouldn't loose connection with the tracker before my dog went out of the "Geo-fence". Our house is situated in the middle of 15 wooded acres and our dog is allowed to go outside without being on a leash or inside a fenced in area. He sometimes would wander off and visit neighbors and be back before I knew he was even gone. So basically I wanted something to allow me to be a lazy dog owner (guilty).
By shrinking the geo-fence around my house, the app was able to notify me when he roamed beyond the safety zone. I went outside and pushed the button to activate the recording I made on the tracker and my dog came running! The tracker and receiver did disconnect a couple times when he went to lie under our greenhouse to get out of the heat (he's a husky mix) his favorite napping spot. Also, I was also able to put the receiver outside on the porch railing and have my phone inside with me, the bluetooth connection didn't seem to have trouble staying connected. I also think this would work great when going on hikes with him too.
UPDATE 9/23/19: NOT waterproof. We went on kayaking on the river and my dog swam with the tracker attached to his collar. We tried to position it on the top of his neck, but he must have gone under enough to get the tracker wet. Unfortunately, the tracker has stopped working even after drying out. So far I've been unable to reach the company to get a replacement tracker. I was able to contact Petfon tech support with no trouble and was able to purchase a new tracker.
2. Whistle GPS + Health + Fitness – Smart Dog Collar, Waterproof Dog GPS Tracker Plus Health & Fitness Monitor, 24/7 Pet Tracker, 2 Rechargeable Batte
- Health Monitoring. Catch potential health issues before they become problems. Proactive alerts for over-itching, licking, drinking, and sleeping
- Fitness Features. Set fitness goals based on breed, age, and weight. Achieve fitness goals by tracking distance, calories, and duration
- Location Alerts. Get notified when your pet leaves a designated safe place. This collar can track your dog’s location with 15 second updates. Receive escape alerts via text or via the Whistle app. Note: product requires a subscription
- Subscription required. Plan covers location tracking with GPS, health and fitness monitoring, including proactive notifications, alerts, health reports and more. Yearly $8.25/mo
- 25 hour timeline. See where they went, who they were with and for how long
- Waterproof rated IPX8 which means the collar can be submerged up to 6 feet deep. Includes 2 interchangeable batteries, so you’re always connected
Reviews from Real Users
I bought this by accident while trying to find a Nintendo Switch. Turns out this won’t play animal crossing, but it will let me know when my dog is crossing the street. Which is never because he rarely leaves the house.
Setup was easy, taking less than 20 minutes. I like that it comes with two batteries ensuring one will always be charged and ready to go.
In a few days I’ll get insights into my dogs health which I’m really looking forward to.
I have had the Whistle Go Explore for our bigger dog and been working fantastic. Tracks well and the metrics and great. Just got the switch for our smaller new puppy. Setup was easy and no glitches. Easy to set up 2 dogs in the app and switch between them.
I only have to charge the big dogs Go about every 3 weeks. And the puppy’s switch came with 2 batteries that are simple to swap.
So far so good. Really happy with this product and technology.
Long time whistle customer. I recently upgraded to the Whistle Switch GPS device and couldn't be happier. The new device is a big improvement over the older one. It sits much nicer on the collar and having a second battery is much better than taking the device off the collar to charge it all the time.
Recently the App has updated, i don't know if it's because I bought the new device, which has been a nice update too. The app is now more responsive and has some amazing features.
3. Dogtra Pathfinder Dog Remote Training and GPS Tracking Collar – 9 Mile Range, Sports Upland Hunting, Waterproof Receiver, Rechargeable, Static, Aud
- This WaterProof GPS training collar is perfect for dogs over 35 pounds with neck sizes 10 – 26 inches. Your smart cell phone (not included) and free Dogtra Pathfinder app are required to use this system. GPS and e-collar technology all in one. The GPS function works without using cellular data but requires a cell phone (not included). Smartphone must be connected to the Pathfinder App offline map mode. Expendable up to 21 dogs with additional collars (sold separately).
- Product Features: Great visibility in the brush with full bright orange color. Up to 9-mile range, fully waterproof ergonomic remote and ecollar, 100 levels of stimulation ranging from low to high, Momentary Nick, Constant Stimulation, and Non-Stimulating Audible Tone modes. Dogtra’s industry-leading technology filtering system ensures minimal interference with other electronic devices. This device is a great choice for long range upland hunting.
- Advanced Features: Dogtra’s Pathfinder dog training collar unit gives you an ability to track up to 21 dogs as well as other sport hunters, create custom Geo Fence, always have precise and up-to-date terrain maps, 3.5-hour rapid charge batteries, extendable enhanced contact points, refresh rate of 2 seconds and compatibility with mobile Google Maps.
- Customer Service Based in the USA: The quality of the GPS dog collar is unmatched in comparison to the cheaper alternatives. Dogtra Collars are helping owners to train and modify dog behavior. The advanced performance of the collar is perfectly matched with the reliable USA based customer service that can be reached by either a phone or an email.
- Positive Reinforcement: By using the PetsTEK training clicker along with your dog’s favorite treats, you can train your pet to follow your commands to become a well-behaved pooch. Please note that this collar should not be used with aggressive dogs.
Reviews from Real Users
We have a 50 pound mix pit/Shepard/ Heinz dog that was a rescue from the city and loves to explore and run. We live in the woods with lots of acrege so he has plenty of room to roam. The problem is, he roams to far at times and is a bother to neighbors 2 miles away! We just dreaded the thought of installing underground fence but felt we had to other option. We came up with a plan to install an underground 1500' fence around our home and some of the woods and went ahead and bought the supplies on Amazon. The fence kit arrived but the late spring weather did not allow us to bury it rite away and I was dreading the thought of doing it in fear it would not work to our expectation. A friend of mine informed me of training collars the many hunters/trainers use and said his buddy had bought one of the Dogtra collars and was totally happy with the outcome. After a few hours of research I decided to go with the Dogtra Pathfinder and sent the underground stuff back to Amazon. The Dogtra collar was a much cheaper option than the path of the underground fence and installing it was going to be. Before the collar arrived, I watched several Youtube vids on using the product so when it arrived I had a good idea how to use it.
"Brock" was already familiar with wearing a training collar but the cheaper collar only worked in a close proximity so when he got out of sight in the woods and believe me he knows it. He is a very stubborn dog and has no fear of anything at all......except for electric! Even just a very tiny bit of juice gets his attention and he knows when the collar is on for sure. After setup of the new collar, downloading the app etc we let him outside to test drive it. I previously set up the geofence area around approx. 2 acre area with the lines close to the neighbors to the west and east and parallel to the road out front. We watched his live path as he roamed around and I must say the Google maps are amazing too. When he got close to the Geofence we had set up I got an alert on the phone and beeped him to retreat and he did. Brock respects the beep feature as he knows what will be coming after the beep if he still is wrong doing. The neighbors to the east have dogs he likes to go and play with and they are ok with that but we needed to keep him home. Last night he went out of the Geofence and went there.....NOW w e can see that and call him back in! At first I beeped him after calling him and he ignored the call, then I gave him a very mild tickle and BOOM he came back on a dead run! We continue to work with him every day and the training gets better all the time. The unit is just an awesome product and a great alternative to underground fence. The long range they advertise is up to 9 miles. I don't expect that but know the unit will perform well within a couple miles in our hilly woods terrain here. The app and collar work seamless with no issues found as of yet and would recommend searching out youtube vids to familiarize yourself with this product as I did.
If you're like me, you might be doubting whether this collar could possibly be worth $400, and does it work for all that? Well, my friends, I am here to tell you that it is worth. every. penny.
I have a German Shorthair Pointer and in addition to wanting to be able to find him when he's working, I wanted him to be able to wander my fields without direct supervision and have the peace of mind that he wasn't going onto roads or other people's property (the neighbors are miles away, but as anyone with a GSP knows, huge distances are no deterrent for these mischievous dudes :).
The battery life is great considering the complexity of this device, the range works exactly as advertised, and judging by my dog's rapid responses, the tones and shock deliveries really do work from *miles* away. I can also rest easy when out of range of cell service - everything works like a charm offline.
This collar has made it so Jaeger can exercise and wander to his heart's content, and I can be in my house and not stress about what he's up to. Just brilliant. My only regret is not getting the collar sooner!
A few notes -
1. the "dog statuses" can be a little oversensitive; that is, I have found about 20%-30% of the alerts for 'pointing' and 'treed' have been inaccurate while directly observing Jeager. This is not a big problem, as I've learned to look for "clusters" of status alerts to let me know whether he's truly located something.
2. As others have said, this is a sophisticated set-up but as long as you take the time to at least skim the manual, it's pretty easy to use. Don't be a moron like me and throw the manual aside at first because you resent getting snowed with papers every time you buy something.
3. Be aware that the "geo-fence" feature cannot automatically shock or play a tone when your dog exits; however, you get alerts letting you know the dog has left. This has been perfect for me. I recommend taking your dog for a walk around the perimeters of your geo-fence and using the tone to teach them where the new boundaries are. After that, I just keep my phone handy and get a push notification if he breaks the boundary (which almost never happens now!!).
Better than garmin at half the price and no subscription. Uses google maps and a cell phone.
4. Spy Spot Waterproof Small Pouch with Zipper – Oxford Thick Fabric – Multi-purpose Bag with Loop Attachment – GPS Tracker Case, Dog Collar Pouch – B
- Dimensions: 3.5” (L) x 1” (W) x 2” (H). Small and portable. Can easily fit inside pocket for convenience.
Reviews from Real Users
Leash slips through the loops so you can have 3 poop bags on hand. Nice tiny case doesn’t get in the way or slide down to irritate your pooch. Zipper closure is great quality.
size is right for many uses....use for keys....
5. Dogtra Pathfinder 9-Mile 21-Dog Expandable Waterproof Smartphone GPS Tracking & Training E-Collar with 2-Second Update Rate, No Subscription Fee, F
- 9-MILE RANGE: This PATHFINDER is built with a GPS e-collar and can be used concurrently with Google Maps in normal, terrain, and satellite view mode. It also has a range of nine miles, a tracking mode, and a two-second GPS update rate. A variety of map options, such as Offline Maps mode, are used to track and train your dog. The Offline Maps mode is completely free to download, has no hidden or extra fees, and can be downloaded via the PATHFINDER app.
- TRACKING: The PATHFINDER provides a fast, industry-leading two-second update rate and powerful zoom capability which provides greater live-action detail and accuracy in the field via the PATHFINDER app. Create customizable Geo-Fence alerts, use the Offline Maps mode, and more with this essential tracking GPS e-collar. Smartphone Required.
- DESIGN: With convenience in mind, the PATHFINDER is sleek and simple. Featuring two buttons (Power/Select & Connect) on the remote, you can connect to the receiver with ease.
- CORRECTIONS: The PATHFINDER utilizes corrections and audible tone to track and train your dog. With up to 100 correction levels, the PATHFINDER sends the correction through the receiver and is great for keeping your dog on track during the hunt.
- DOG SIZING: This GPS e-collar is perfect for dogs that are 35 lbs. or more. With a high output and the ability to expand to 21 dogs, you’ll be able to track multiple dogs at once while out on the hunt.
6. Garmin Alpha 100 Bundle, Includes Handheld and TT 15 Dog Device, Multi-dog Tracking GPS and Remote Training Device in One
- High-Sensitivity GPS with GLONASS. Display size is 1.53 wide x 2.55 high in inches and 3 inch diagonal
- Preloaded TOPO U.S. 100k maps.LED beacon lights and Rescue mode as well as Stimulation levels-Tone and Vibration
- Battery life 20-40 hrs. Display type : transflective, 65-K color TFT touchscreen
- Setup virtual boundaries on your map and receive an alert, automatically sends signal to recall
- 1-inch black collar strap, 5-inches standard and 13-inches extended range antennas
Reviews from Real Users
So... let's just address the elephant in the room. This collar and tracker are EXPENSIVE. Ugh. Very, very, very much so. For me anyway. That's also my only con. I mean, damn.
Ok, so this color has exceeded my expectations surrounding what I hoped it would do. I live in the country and like to let my dog run, especially in the back yard, fields and woods. She won't usually go more than a couple hundred feet at most, and when she really runs, it's usually after a rabbit or some other animal. (she doesn't catch them, but they both get an adreniline rush and some exercise. haha.
I LOVE being able to sit in my house, and see exactly where she is. How fast she is traveling. If she is moving. Everything. And yes, it works while sitting in my house. I'm sure everyone's experience will be different.
I also take my dog hiking, and on vacations she has freedom to run as well. I tested the range on this collar, and it works a solid 2 miles in heavy woods, maybe further. (it boasts 9 miles, so I'm thrilled to get half that in poor conditions) I use the training functions... mostly to call her back. or "Page" her I like to say. I rarely, almost never use it to deliver a shock. Just a beep or vibration from time to time.
The GPS that comes with the collar is amazing. It's waterproof... yes, I tested it by throwing it in the lake, which by the way, it SINKS. So do NOT expect it to float. Fortunately, I was in shallow water. 🙂
This is really a top-notch system. In hind sight, I suppose I could have saved a little money and got the one without the training functions, but no regrets, I'm glad I have them, and I do ocassionally use them.
If you can afford it, and your dog runs a lot and you want an easy way to keep track of where they are, this collar is absolutely amazing.
One other thing, it comes with a 1 year sub to some map service... you can download birds-eye-view maps and then load them onto the device. I recommend a micro SD card. It was frustrating to get to work and get setup, not super easy, but it CAN be done, I am your witness. And once you have the maps loaded, it's just so great.
$800 for peace of mind, knowing that if my dog runs into a corn field, or in a thick forest, or whereever, I can always see where she is and which direction she is moving? It's steep, but worth it. Very happy with my purchase.
We live on 15 acres of mountain/forest with about 1/4 mile of US highway frontage. We never had a problem with our border collie mix, who pretty much had to be told one time where not to go and she never went there again - and tends to hang close around me or the house. Not so the new goldendoodle - he is an explorer and has a mind of his own, so I could never trust him. If he was out of sight, he figured he could ignore me and I couldn't do anything about it.
I researched electronic collars and found there were trackers without correction capability that let you see on your cell phone where the dog is (but doesn't help when there is no cell reception) and there were wireless electric fences that keep your dog within a radius of a base station that had to be plugged in. Neither would work for me as I wanted the dogs to enjoy the 15 acres and go where I go without putting the doodle on a leash.
Enter the Alpha 100. I have a geofence drawn to warn me know if he wanders too close to the boundaries of our property and also a 40 yd radius (from me, not the house!) to warn me that I should check to see where he is headed and to call him back if he is headed in an unsafe direction. It didn't take long to convince him that ignoring a beep or vibration on his collar is a bad idea and that coming on a run back to me or to the house is a much better idea. I also love the ability to light his collar at night.
Only downside is the clip attaching the alpha 100 to my belt wears to the point after a couple months to where the unit will just drop off with no warning (and there is no locator for it). I've spent a lot of time backtracking to search for it. They clips are cheap, so I now order a couple new ones every few months.
7. Dogtra Pathfinder Mini 4-Mile 21-Dog Expandable Waterproof Smartphone GPS Tracking & Training Mini E-Collar
- 4-MILE RANGE: The PATHFINDER MINI is built with a GPS e-collar and can be used concurrently with Google Maps in normal, terrain, and satellite view mode. It also has a range of four miles, a tracking mode, and a two-second GPS update rate. A variety of map options, such as Offline Maps mode, are used to track and train your dog. The Offline Maps mode is completely free to download, has no hidden or extra fees, and can be downloaded via the PATHFINDER app.
- TRACKING: The PATHFINDER MINI provides a fast, industry-leading two-second update rate and powerful zoom capability which provides greater live-action detail and accuracy in the field via the PATHFINDER app. Create customizable Geo-Fence alerts, use the Offline Maps mode, and more with this essential tracking GPS e-collar. Smartphone Required.
- DESIGN: 22% smaller than the PATHFINDER receiver, the PATHFINDER MINI receiver is small, sleek, and simple. With two buttons (Power/Select & Connect) on the remote, you can connect to the receiver with ease.
- CORRECTIONS: Similar to the PATHFINDER, the PATHFINDER MINI utilizes corrections and audible tone to track and train your dog. With up to 100 correction levels, the PATHFINDER MINI sends the correction through the receiver and is great for keeping your dog on track during the hunt.
- DOG SIZING: This GPS e-collar is perfect for dogs that are 15 lbs. or more. This collar was built with smaller dogs in mind, such as beagles, and is perfect for tracking and training. With a high output and the ability to expand to 21 dogs, you’ll be able to track multiple dogs at once while out on the hunt.
Reviews from Real Users
Does what it is supposed to do and very easy to use. The app is straight forward and simple. Wasnt sure i would like using a cell phone to control a gps/e-collar, but after some research, i found that you can use an old phone with no service. I have an old galaxy s4 that hasnt been in service for awhile. I have it on wifi at home to download maps. Then, in the field, all you need is bluetooth and the phone simply acts as a controller/handheld gps. No service required. Since i always have my working cell phone with me, i can use it as a backup if my old s4 would die.
Spent alot of time debating between this unit and the garmin alpha 100. After getting a chance to test an alpha, i am really glad i went with the pathfinder. With 2 collars i am still $150+ less than the cost of the alpha with 1 collar. Add how easy the pathfinder is to operate and you get a really great value for your money. The alpha 100 is a really good piece, but cost and ease of use is why i went with the pathfinder.
I am using this for mountain cur squirrel dogs. I went with the mini as the full size collars are pretty big and would be too much for the young dogs i have. Even when full grown i think the full size would be kind of big for my female as she will probably be about a 30lbs dog. My male is alot bigger than the female and should be 40lbs+. I think he will be fine with the larger collar when he fills out. I know the range of the mini is half of the full size, but i dont need the extra range so losing range for smaller lighter collars is fine with me. I know someone using the big collars on curs and feist without issue so either will work with smaller dogs.
Regardless if you buy a pathfinder or pathfinder mini, all the collars are compatible. I have 2 minis and 1 full size collar synced to my receiver.
I bought this for my 30lb Brittany Spaniel. It fits her well.
When you're using this in a small space, you will quickly notice that it is not very accurate. When testing this in my yard, it would often say my dog was on the other side of the property even when she was standing right next to me. But, whatever, I decided, it was accurate enough to curb any anxiety over losing her when we visited my family's 200 acre property. Her recall is very good, but I just wanted extra assurance... And then my dog stayed within eyesight of me 90% of the time we were there, never leaving the unfenced yard unless I did first. Go figure!
But it was extremely helpful once we went hiking in the woods - she went out of my eyesight a grand total of twice, but one of those times she went through thick brush I couldn't follow her through, where the mountain was too steep for me to go around the more clear areas... and she didn't come back when I called. On my phone, I could see her running one way and stopping. When I called again, she would run a different direction, until I called again. She was going on circles, and seemed to not know how to get back to me! The GPS location, while again not wholely accurate, was good enough for me to circle around and get to an area above her where she could see me, and she immediately ran up to me when she did.
(It's been suggested to me that she could be partially deaf in one ear, so she's not able to tell well what direction a sound is coming from. I would not have realized this without the GPS collar!)
I have not used the corrective vibrations/tones/shock, so cannot speak to the accuracy of them.
I'm very happy to have bought this product, even though I will get very little use out of it until the couple times a year I do manage to have a long weekend to go somewhere she can be off leash and unfenced.
My husband runs this on out treeing feist for squirrel hunting and our English dog for raccoon hunting and it works great for both.
8. Dogtra Pathfinder TRX 9-Mile 21-Dog Expandable Waterproof Smartphone Required GPS-Only Tracking Collar with 2-Second Update Rate, No Subscription F
- 9-MILE RANGE: This PATHFINDER is built with a GPS e-collar and can be used concurrently with Google Maps in normal, terrain, and satellite view mode. It also has a range of nine miles, a tracking mode, and a two-second GPS update rate. A variety of map options, such as Offline Maps mode, are used to track your dog. The Offline Maps mode is completely free to download, has no hidden or extra fees, and can be downloaded via the PATHFINDER app. Smartphone Required.
- NO CORRECTION: Dogtra’s PATHFINDER TRX tracking collar does not come with any correction and provides easy location sharing for dogs and dog owners. It’s fully waterproof and the most accurate and responsive way to track your dog without using any correction reinforcement training.
- UKC, AKC, and PKC APPROVED: This tracking collar is perfect for any working, hunting, or competitive situations and is approved for UKC, AKC, and PKC events, because there is no correction output on this GPS-only tracking collar.
- TRACKING: The PATHFINDER TRX provides a fast, industry-leading two-second update rate and powerful zoom capability which provides greater live-action detail and accuracy in the field via the PATHFINDER app. Create customizable Geo-Fence alerts, use the Offline Maps mode, and more with this essential tracking collar
- DOG SIZING: This tracking collar is perfect for dogs that are 35 lbs. or more. With the ability to expand to 21 dogs, you’ll be able to track multiple dogs at once while out on the hunt.
Reviews from Real Users
I am extremely pleased with this dog collar. The battery life when the app *remains* open on a cell phone does drain a bit quickly but otherwise I see no disadvantages.
When I first got started with it, I thought I had to pair the collar, phone and receiver each time and I was very frustrated with it. However, I reviewed videos online and found that pairing only needed to occur once. I found that one simply needs to turn the receiver on then turn the collar on and let them sit for a few minutes to get things started each time.
Today I mistakenly went out with my dogs when the receiver had an orange light. I thought no problem. Unfortunately the walk went very long as my english setter loves to explore. The battery died and I lost connection deep in the woods. After trying to find her at her last location, I went home quickly and recharged the receiver for 30 minutes getting me to about 10% battery charge. I then went right back to where I was with her and found her immediately. An immense stress reliever.
The best price found on Amazon with this quality. Gps very accurate, water proof, and long battery life! Finally we can let our hound roam free and we are worry free, because we can always figure out where he is. Expandable to 21 dogs, all you need to do is to buy extra collars.
I absolutely love this! I’m on my second German Shorthair Pointer, and they love to run—far. I’ve resisted shocking them into submission (GSPs have been around since the 19th century so it should be possible to train them without a shock collar), but the occasional slip when he gets on a game trail has led to some scary moments. After a 3-hour excursion I decided it was time to keep track of my boy more closely. I was going to get a Garmen but they’re significantly more expensive, and the reviews indicated that the Pathfinder is just as good. I’ve used it several times and it’s amazing.
9. Tractive Waterproof GPS Dog Tracker – Location & Activity, Unlimited Range & Works with Any Collar (White)
- LIVE TRACKING & LOCATION HISTORY – Follow your furry friend’s every step in real-time on your phone. See where your dog has been and what they’ve been up to.
- SUBSCRIPTION PLAN NEEDED – Monthly, 1 year, 2 year and 5 year plans available starting at $4.99 per month. Try risk free with a 30 day money back guarantee.
- VIRTUAL FENCE – Mark safe spaces, like your garden, and know the moment your dog leaves one – and when they come back safely.
- ALL-DAY ACTIVITY MONITORING – Track active time, rest and calories burned. Set fitness goals. Keep your buddy in great shape with Tractive GPS for dogs.
- SMALL, LIGHTWEIGHT & 100% WATERPROOF – Running through the forest, rolling in the mud or a dip in the lake are no problem for Tractive.
- WORLDWIDE LOCATION TRACKING – Use your GPS tracker for dogs throughout the USA, Canada and 150 other countries. Manage all features via the free Tractive GPS app for iOS and Android or in any browser.
Reviews from Real Users
After I lost my dog for 5 days and nights I began my search for a GPS tracker in case this was ever to happen again. I purchased a Garmin device that was probably good, but not for my needs. I wanted something more for running with my dog on trails and it was just way too bulky for everyday use. Then I purchased a Fi collar. Let me just say that it was a joke. Not only did the collar fall off my dog on a run, but the tracking was useless. I couldn’t even use the service to locate the collar even though I had good coverage on my phone. The app was terrible on so many levels as well. Then I purchased a Tractive collar and I have to admit that I was skeptical especially for the price, but it works great. I can’t believe how good of a product it is and I would have happily spent more money. I’ve been using it for a few week now and the GPS has been super reliable and the app is great too. It actually works for you instead of forcing you to use it how the company wants you to use it like the Fi. It shows where you are in proximity to the collar unlike the previously mentioned collar and it has an on/off switch as well. The app has what you need and not a bunch of unnecessary information that I feel is pointless if you just want to be able to find your dog. So if you are looking for a collar that is priced right and works great get a Tractive collar.
We've got a 13 year old Black Lab with a wander lust. He used to spend his time pressing his head against the slats on the back yard fence, looking for a slat he could press off and escape. So we installed a brand new fence - problem solved! Well, not really. I am remodeling the house and have to make many trips out one of our 3 gates, and eventually, I forget to close one of them and our wanderer is off on another adventure.
So we decided to try the Tractive LTE. Initially we were a little disappointed with the battery life, which for us was about 2 days (remember: you need there to be excess charge remaining during an "escape" so you have plenty of time to find and retrieve your pet). But recently Tractive has alleviated this with their "Power Saving Mode", which monitors periodically to see if it can still see your household WIFI network, instead of having to use the GPS, which uses much more power. So now we can get 4-7 days between charging sessions. Much better.
The GPS function works adequately for this purpose. I think it would likely locate your pet within a house or two of your pet's true location. We have taken the Tractive device with us on trips to the pet store and to the vet's and the GPS located itself accurately enough to show it at both locations, both about 3 miles away in opposite directions.
When you need to locate your lost pet, you can activate the "Live" tracking which uses the mobile phone system's triangulation but also uses the most power of all. This seems to be the most accurate, and it
provides updates pretty close to in real time. This has generally worked well for us but with both GPS and the "Live" tracking, you have to allow for the fact the the tracking device is only a couple feet off the ground with very little antenna. It is good but not perfect.
Over all we are quite satisfied, knowing that we'll likely find Fido much more quickly and conveniently the next time he goes off on one of his "adventures".
We would definitely buy this again.
10. TT™ 15X Dog Device, Tracking and Training Dog Device with Collar, 18 Levels of Stimulation, Rugged and Water-Resistant, High-Sensitivity GPS, Re
- Stay connected to your dog and the hunt with up to 80 hours of battery life
- Save battery life, and remotely put your dog tracking and training device to sleep with sleep mode when paired with a compatible Garmin device
- Update your device via Garmin Express software, available for both Mac and Windows devices
- Train with 18 levels of continuous and momentary stimulation plus audible tone and vibration when used with your compatible tracking and training handheld.
- Rugged and water-resistant up to 10 meters (1 ATM); tough enough to run wherever your dog runs
- Track your dog up to 9 miles away
- LED beacon lights, activated from your compatible handheld, keep track of your dog in the field
- Compatible with all existing Alpha, PRO 550 Plus and Astro 430 handheld devices from Garmin
The considerations to buy gps collar for small dogs
Purchasing online is tricky but if the product is available on Amazon it’s a lot easier thing.
The features you want for gps collar for small dogs
You purchase a product for a certain purpose, right? So, you should look that the product you are looking for should have that certain features and specifications.
Here we have compiled the features and specifications of and that fulfills your need and desire.
Make sure the product you grabbing has the market standard quality. How do you confirm? Read the product history, check the brand and read users’ feedback.
Here in this blog post, we accumulated some nice users’ feedback that might help you to decide on the best product around filled with quality.
Good quality products come with good brands and a good price, make sure the price is within your budget. Remember, it does not mean that products with a good price come with great quality but usually it does.
The best way to buy a product is from an authentic seller.
An authentic seller is someone who sells their own products, not someone who resells other people’s products.
An authentic seller has a vested interest in the quality of their product, which means they will not resell a faulty or defective product.
The reliability of a product depends on the quality of the product and its performance.
A reliable product can be trusted to work well for a long time.
It is important to buy a reliable product because it will not break down or need repair often, which prevents wasting money on repairs and replacements.
After checking the list of gps collar for small dogs and reading the real user’s feedback, I hope that you have some ideas on what you like to have. Hope you got your desired product and making a very good move to your home.